- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: denlori, January 2017
We met our tour guide, William in the morning in Paris and our tour group took the RER train out to Versailles. We then headed to a small shop and each of us selected our own bicycle for the tour. William was amazingly organized with our group and was able to answer everyone's questions as we selected our bikes. We then rode our bikes to a village open air market to stock up on picnic supplies that we would have for lunch later in the afternoon. The market was stocked with farmers carrying every type of cheese, wine, baguettes, rolls, vegetables, meats, cooked sausage and chicken that you could ask for! We stored our picnic food in baskets attached to our bikes and rode on to Versailles. William kept our riding speed reasonable as we had ages from the very young to the middle age on our tour. Being on Bicycles allowed us to cover much more ground and see the gardens and small courts that you do not see on walking tours. William was very knowledgeable regarding the history of the French court and political intrigues of Versailles. We enjoyed eating our lunch in the same area and enjoying the same view of the palace that the French court would have seen in their day! Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and clothing for riding the bicycles. I would highly recommend this tour to a friend.
Reviewed by: Jo, USA, December 2016