Kaituna River features grade 5 rapids plus the awesome 7 meter (21 feet) Tutea Falls, the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall. Take the ultimate thrill ride on this Kaituna River white water rafting tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your day will begin with a pickup from your hotel. From here you will be taken to the airport base where you will obtain your equipment and participate in a safety briefing as well as quick training. After this you'll proceed to Kaituna River.You can't get more thrills and action than on a grade 5 rapid. Fast and furious, you'll ride through foamy water over the seven meter drop waterfall!
Most of the trip runs through a very narrow gorge with sheer rock walls clad in ferns and other native plants providing a truly stunning backdrop to this exciting tour.Although this trip provides full on action the pool drop nature of the river means it is not technically difficult so the trip is suitable for adventurous beginners. In fact around 70% of customers have never rafted before.
Around 15 - 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
Situated in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve the river is pool drop, meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river.
You'll be provided with:
- Safety Helmets
- Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
- Spray jackets (weather dependent)
- Wetsuit Booties
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hangar 14 S, Rotorua Airport, 837 Te Ngae, Rotorua
9am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm
Winter April to September
Date and times subject to change
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 10am
Departs at 12:30pm.
Departs at 2pm.
Departs at 3:30pm
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is a recommended minimum weight of 40 kilograms (88 pounds) for this tour
- Please bring swimwear, a towel and a sense of adventure!
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Manpreet S, October 2016
It was awesome! Such a great experience and wonderful tour. Plus we got to jump off and swim in the water, hear history of the area, and just had a great time. The guys were awesome in making the experience worthwhile. I would do it again!
Reviewed by: Lynda B, February 2016
Great time, wish it was longer. Definitely recommend these guys.