Your Director of Undertakings will guide you through decades' worth of death, murder and just plain fun. Once your tour, um . . . departs, hear tales of tinseltown tragedies in the cool comfort of your luxurious bus, aka the Tomb Buggy.
Cover more than 75 sites of interest in just 2.5 hours. While the itinerary may change from day to day, here are some of the places and juicy stories you can expect to encounter:
- The last-breath locations of Michael Jackson, River Phoenix, Whitney Houston and Bela Lugosi
- The murders of Rebecca Schaeffer, Sal Mineo, Dominique Dunne and Bugsy Siegel
- The hotels where Janis Joplin and John Belushi ‘checked out’
- The scene of Sharon Tate’s last supper
- The scandals of Halle Berry, Chris Brown and Rihanna, and Hugh Grant
Visit a small cemetery where Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Farah Fawcett and other high-profile legends are buried. Walk through the stars’ final resting place and read their poignant and pithy epitaphs.
Your tour concludes back at the departure point. Spend some time browsing through the Dearly Departed Gallery. Check out unusual memorabilia connected to dead celebrities, including tiles from the pool where Rolling Stones drummer, Brian Jones, drowned, and Rock Hudson’s Rolodex listing Elizabeth Taylor’s phone number.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Los Angeles, California
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
12:00 pm Departure
12:00 pm Departure - Explore the dark side of Los Angeles on this Hollywood ‘death tour,’
USD $50.00Pricing details
Dearly Departed: The Tragic History Tour of Los Angeles
- 2.5 hour Dearly Departed Tour
- List of additional death locations for you to visit on your own
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Due to subject matter and possible language, this tour is not suitable for children
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Court P, October 2016
This was a GREAT tour. So well done, lovely guide. We had an awesome time.
Reviewed by: Glyn K, September 2016
We can't recommend this tour enough, it was a great tour around the darker side of Los Angeles very interesting and fun. When we got held up getting there and thought we'd missed the tour, Brian came back for us which we really appreciated. The lady in the shop was so helpful, getting dabs for us to get back to long beach we just made it back in time thanks. Brilliant company and tour thank you