- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Several menus to choose from
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
One such neighborhood you may visit is the Bangsar area, which boasts a wide array of food spots like mamak stalls serving traditional Tamil-Muslim cuisine, South Indian banana-leaf restaurants serving delectable treats on a banana leaf, and Malay warungs (small family-owned establishments serving both local and Western snacks). Or, you might head to Petaling Jaya, where you’ll visit a ‘round-the-clock hawker center (open-air food court) to try food from select stalls frequented by locals. Another possible destination is Brickfields, a popular hawker center famous for its South Indian restaurants and Chinese coffee shops serving traditional Chinese fare like dim sum.
No matter where you end up, rest assured that you’ll have a vibrant KL experience. As you follow your guide’s lead, you’ll weave through alleys and around food stalls with ease, knowing your guide will order your food and make sure you taste the most delicious dishes of the day (or night). Try nasi lemak, a fragrant coconut rice with chili paste, anchovies, peanuts and vegetables. Or maybe you’ll have stir-fried Chinese noodles; an assortment of Indian breads with chicken, fish and mutton curry; or Malaysian desserts such as ondeh ondeh, rice balls with palm sugar and coconut shavings. As you are introduced you to local favorites, you’ll experience interesting Malaysian customs with the comfort of a guide who knows all the ins and outs of KL’s food culture.
At the end of the tour, you’ll be driven back to the original meeting point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Hawker Center Food Tour
- All food tastings, including drinks (non-alcoholic)
- English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transport between original meeting point and tour location
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 4 per booking is required
- Please note that this food tour is a non-halal tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nicholas D, October 2016
We really enjoyed the tour. We sampled local food we would never have tried otherwise. Charlie did a great job in taking us around and pointing out different things as we went round four different markets. Well worth it
Reviewed by: anne_goodwin, October 2016
What a wonderful evening with Fala, our food guide, as well as Geraldine and Lois from NZ! Sampled the 3 different main types of cuisine around KL and was given the background and history of Malaysia - had a great laugh, soaked up the atmosphere, ate and drunk lots of different things we wouldn't probably have had the nerve to try on our own - it gave us the confidence to try some other dishes later on. We would thoroughly recommend this trip as a good way to experience Street food.