Come and join the traditional people of Australia in a special evening of Aboriginal culture. Tjapukai means rainforest and on this engaging cultural tour you'll hear the story of the Tjapukai people, watch theatrical performances, join in interactive activities and learn the traditonal customs of the rainforest and its people.
The Aboriginal Cultural Tjapukai tour includes a drink on arrival, Welcome Ceremony, Lakeside Ceremony, dance show, international buffet dinner, dessert, tea and coffee. It's an experience that will leave you with deep and lasting memory of Australia's traditional people and culture.
From the moment you arrive at Tjapukai you will feel the powerful spirit of Australia vibrate through the atmosphere, creating an intense and mysterious mood. You will be met by the ‘Bama’ the people and welcomed with face painting, a glass of sparkling wine and canapes infused with native flavours. The Tjapukai Dreamtime story unfolds as you hear about the legends of the wet and dry seasons.
Follow the haunting sounds of the didgeridoo across a flame lit bridge to the rainforest theatre, where the Tjapukai people take the stage, presenting their culture with their inimitable blend of theater and humor. You will find yourself connecting with their love of fun in a world where there are no barriers, only joy and laughter.
In the haunting Lakeside Fire Ceremony, guests form part of the Rainbow Serpent Circle and share in an Aboriginal celebration consisting of music, chanting and dance that culminates in a magical fire-making ceremony. The fire is sent soaring across the lake to become a magical fireball, illuminating the lakeside and the audience. The Tjapukai people then appear in a flame-lit canoe, arriving to escort guests to the night's dining venue, The Flame Tree Restaurant.
At the glowing restaurant, the evening culminates in a sumptuous international buffet menu. Then the lights dim and the performers invite you to join them by the campfire for photos and time for an intimate chat.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please note: Pick-up and drop-off from Port Douglas hotels is not available
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tjapukai by Night Aboriginal cultural experience departing Cairns at 6:40pm. Includes hotel pickup and drop off, welcome drink, lakeside ceremony, dance show and buffet dinner.
USD $112.53Pricing details
Departing Northern Beaches
Tjapukai by Night Aboriginal cultural experience departing Northern Beaches at 6:40pm. Includes hotel pickup and drop off, welcome drink, lakeside ceremony, dance show and buffet dinner.
USD $112.53Pricing details
Tjapukai by Night Only
Includes general admission, cultural performance and buffet dinner. No transport is included you will have to make your own way to the cultural park
USD $96.12Pricing details
Aboriginal Cultural Tjapukai by Night Tour including Buffet Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Welcome drink
- Dance show performance by the World Famous Tjapukai Dancers
- Buffet dinner
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note: Pick-up and drop-off from Port Douglas hotels is not available
Daily selection from a range of canapes
- Braised emu with pureed sweet yam
- Kangaroo koftas
- Lemongrass-scented tuna on cucumber
- Sugarcane skewered crocodile
BUFFET DINNER MENU
Please note that menu is subject to change due to seasonal availability
- Freshly baked damper
- Red miso soup with traditional condiments
- Butternut pumpkin soup with sour cream and shallots
- Freshly prepared local salads
- Roasted sweet potato and macadamia salad
- Banana flower salad
- A selection of assorted condiments, chutneys and dressings
- Mussels in Davidson plum
- Prawns with lemon myrtle aioli
- Grilled rib eye dusted with mountain pepper and forest mushrooms
- Lemon aspen braised chicken breast on wilted greens
- Steamed fish with ruby grapefruit and dill cream
- Roast pork with accompanying sauces
- Roasted chat potatoes
- Seasonal vegetables
- Steamed rice
- Selection of daily prepared desserts – Davidson plum cheesecake, Gluten free chocolate brownies, Lemon myrtle tarts, Caramel chocolate tarts
- Fresh fruits and cream
North Queensland gold coffee & Daintree tea
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bob L, February 2017
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SHOW I ATTENDED..... THEY WHERE AMAZING and getting to try all the different animal meats was a Delight...
Reviewed by: terrygordon99, January 2017