Brisbane Story Bridge Adventure Twilight Climb
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See the sights illuminated at night
Depart from base headquarters at Kangaroo Point make your way to the halfway house. Here the commentary begins, and continues throughout the climb, relating the history of Brisbane and its most famous bridge along with many interesting facts and figures.
The route then ascends through the road level on to the anchor arm on the eastern side of the bridge. Here the incline is at its greatest as you make your way to the Summit Top Platform, one of the two high points of the climb, each approximately 80 meters (262 ft) above sea level. It's from here that you will first experience the awe-inspiring 360 degree view of Brisbane, its river and surrounding mountain ranges.
From the eastern summit top platform the route gradually descends along the eastern cantilever arm towards the central platform. The central platform allows you to traverse the width of the bridge high above the six lanes of traffic. Once on the western cantilever arm, climbers begin the gradual ascent to the western summit top platform, for another opportunity to take in the panorama. The route then follows down the western anchor arm of the bridge back through the road deck to the halfway house where the incline is once more at its steepest.
Viewing Highlights - What can you see and which way to look?From the summit of the bridge climbers will enjoy uninterrupted 360° views of Brisbane at twilight, its river and surrounding hills and mountains.
- To the east, views across Moreton Bay to some of the world's largest sand islands
- To the north, the Glasshouse Mountains named by Captain Cook in 1770
- To the west, Mt Coot-tha and Brisbane Forest Park
- To the south, the world heritage-listed Lamington National Park
- And below, the Brisbane River, one of Australia's deepest, snaking its way to the Pacific Ocean
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
4pm Twilight Climb
Twilight Climb commencing at 4pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to allow time to complete the check-in process
4:20pm Twilight Climb
Twilight Climb commencing at 4:20pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to allow time to complete the check-in process
4:40pm Twilight Climb
Twilight Climb commencing at 4:40pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to allow time to complete the check-in process
5pm Twilight Climb
Twilight Climb commencing at 5pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to allow time to complete the check-in process
Brisbane Story Bridge Adventure Twilight Climb
- Twilight Story Bridge Adventure Climb (2-hours)
- Commentary via an audio headset
- Briefing and safety demonstration
- Bridge suit to wear over existing clothing along with appropriate safety equipment, including wearing a harness belt
- 3 high resolution images
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- As climbers will not be permitted to take cameras (including video cameras) onto the climb, there are a number of photo opportunities that your climb leader will take photos from. The photos are available to purchase from the photo shop after your climb experience
- Not recommended for people with possible risk factors include: asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes (or similar conditions), back or leg related physical concerns or similar conditions including those associated with pregnancy
- For the entire duration of the climb, all climbers will be attached to a static line. The Climb Leaders are experienced in supporting and encouraging those who become nervous while climbing.
- Climb is open for operation during most weather conditions including wet weather
- Minimum age is 10 years. Minimum height of 130cm
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight limit per person is 130kgs (286 lbs)
- PLEASE NOTE: You will need to take a breath alcohol test and register under .05, if you register over this amount the climb will be forfeited and no refund provided
- Children 10-16 years must be accompanied by an adult. I adult per 3 children
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Robert S, March 2016
Great activity run by fun, helpful young people!
Reviewed by: Jordan W, September 2015
This was a great tour with great views and the tour guide had lots of information for us. I had a great time and would recommend it to anyone in groups or on their own as I was.