- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
After a stop for photos, get back on your coach to travel west into the heart of Tuscany, to the area surrounding Montalcino. Here you'll visit the gorgeous Sant' Antimo Abbey, where the stone walls ring with the sound of Gregorian chants, before admiring the views over the town's vineyards.
The rich Brunello di Montepulciano red wine is produced at these vineyards, and you'll sample a glass over a three-course lunch at one of the area's traditional farms! Featuring produce grown on the farm, your lunch allows you to dine in true Tuscan style before enjoying a wine tasting of each of the wines grown on site.
Spend part of your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Pienza, where you'll have approximately 45 minutes to explore at your leisure. The town's layout was designed by Pope Pius II in the 14th century, as he wanted to transform the look of his birthplace. As you explore independently, soak up the serene ambience that stays true to the Pope's vision, and marvel at the town’s beautiful ancient architecture. Be sure to look in the shops for Pienza's most famous product – Pecorino cheese!
As your day comes to an end, meet your guide back at the coach for the relaxing return journey to Rome.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour from Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- A souvenir map
- Lunch and wine tasting on a Tuscan farm
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our group tours
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Christine Z, September 2016
Amazing experience we would highly recommend to anyone who will listen! Our guide Pete was fantastic. Best tour guide either of us have ever had. Pete is from the US so speaks English well, but is Italian and extremely knowledgeable. Tuscany is absolutely breathtaking and if you have a limited amount of time while in Rome, this tour is well worth the money and the time. A few items we thought would be helpful to know ahead of time: 1 the bus has no restroom, however 2 the bus stops in a shop in Umbria about 1.5 hours from Rome where you can stretch your legs, use the restroom, and sample truffles, cheeses, meats, wines, limoncello, olive oils, vinegar, cookies, candy, etc. 3 You will only drink wine during lunch and you get 4 small samples i.e. 6 bottles were shared among 25 people, so don't expect a buzz!
Reviewed by: gibbs.98, September 2016
An amazing tour. The tour leader Becky was awesome had so much knowldege of Italy . The lunch at the winery was excellent. Bus was comfortable, not alot of walking which was good.
I would definitely reccomend and do again