- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
After a stop for photos, get back on your coach to travel west into the heart of Tuscany, to the area surrounding Montalcino. Here you'll visit the gorgeous Sant' Antimo Abbey, where the stone walls ring with the sound of Gregorian chants, before admiring the views over the town's vineyards.
The rich Brunello di Montepulciano red wine is produced at these vineyards, and you'll sample a glass over a three-course lunch at one of the area's traditional farms! Featuring produce grown on the farm, your lunch allows you to dine in true Tuscan style before enjoying a wine tasting of each of the wines grown on site.
Spend part of your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Pienza, where you'll have approximately 45 minutes to explore at your leisure. The town's layout was designed by Pope Pius II in the 14th century, as he wanted to transform the look of his birthplace. As you explore independently, soak up the serene ambience that stays true to the Pope's vision, and marvel at the town’s beautiful ancient architecture. Be sure to look in the shops for Pienza's most famous product – Pecorino cheese!
As your day comes to an end, meet your guide back at the coach for the relaxing return journey to Rome.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour from Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- A souvenir map
- Lunch and wine tasting on a Tuscan farm
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our group tours
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: missyguad10, October 2016
Best trip I have ever taken. the view was breath taking. You get to stop in two different cities and walk through a gorgeous little town.The tour guide made the trip fun and exciting.. she was amazing she explains the vineyards and gives you pointers for your trip. I highly recommend!!! Lunch included
Reviewed by: Jeffrey N, October 2016
This was one of our favorite days in Italy, where we got to see the Tuscan countryside by bus, visit 2 medieval hill towns Montepulciano and Pienze, have a great lunch/wine tasting The Pici with tomato and garlic was awesome at a winery and get a lot of great tips/knowledge from our tour guide Mara. I would highly recommend taking this tour if you have extra days in Rome and want to get out of the bustle of the city. Mara a Roma local was a great guide, very energetic and engaging with the group!