Semi Private Small Group Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
Calling all wine lovers! This semi private small-group day trip from San Francisco to Napa and Sonoma takes you to some of California’s most renowned wineries. Visit up to 6 boutique wineries and learn about the differences between varietals from your knowledgeable guide and local wine industry experts. You’ll travel through Northern California’s picturesque appellations, like Stags Leap, Rutherford, St. Helena and Glen Ellen, as well as enjoy a leisurely lunch (own expense) at one of the wineries.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
This semi private small group tour of Napa and Sonoma from San Francisco takes you to where America’s most famous wine labels originate. Visit boutique wineries not frequented by large group tours and get up close and personal with the winemakers. Your guide will consider requests for favorite wineries prior to the trip.
Sample wines from famous grape-growing regions such as Oakville, Yountville, Los Carneros, Sonoma Valley and Kenwood and be entertained by your guide’s illuminating commentary on the science and art of wine making in between stops. You also have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch at one of the wineries at your leisure (at own expense).
Returning to San Francisco after a fulfilling day of wine tasting, you have the option of ending your tour in the picture postcard village of Sausalito, where you can browse the shops before making your way back across San Francisco Bay on the ferry (not included) or be dropped off at your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Customizable Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Create a customized itinerary with the other participants of the group
- Personalized service at the tasting rooms
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tastings: fees range from USD$5 to USD$25
- Sausalito ferry ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
- Ability to customize winery stops
- If you have winery preferences, please note your suggestions in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking. Due to time and distance constraints or other circumstances, some requests may not be accommodated
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Flor L, February 2016
Amazing tour! we managed to visit four vineyards. Don was great! very informative and detailed. We went for Valentines day and he managed to book great places for us to visit. Maximum 12 people car ride was super comfortable.
Reviewed by: Janice N, October 2015
Frank Sherlock was fabulous! He was very knowledgeable about San Francisco history and knew his way around Napa - a real pro! I will recommend him to any of my friends that plan a trip to wine country.