- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Lunch included
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Venture through a tropical rainforest and arrive at the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary (also known as the Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary), just 1.5 hours from Kuala Lumpur. Before you begin your private tour of this elephant conservation center, managed by the Malaysian Wildlife Society, view an introductory video about the sanctuary and learn about the ambitious rehabilitation efforts to save the rescued Asian elephants.
The Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary creates a natural environment for the elephants and nurtures them back to health before releasing them back into the wild. Observe the daily activities of the elephants as they roam the camp. Your private guide will point out the specially trained team of wildlife experts as they feed and bathe the beautiful creatures.
At midday, enjoy a delectable Malaysian lunch, either packed for you or eaten at a popular local restaurant.
If you've selected an afternoon tour, and if river conditions allow, you'll have the amazing opportunity to interact with baby elephants. Get up close to these fascinating animals as you feed and bathe them -- a unique and insightful experience! (Please note: Baby elephant bathing is an optional activity that must be purchased onsite at the sanctuary. Availability is subject to change, as this activity does not operate when the water level of the river is low.)
After your tour, you'll be taken back to your hotel by private vehicle with many memories and photos to share.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Kuala Lumpur city hotels (does not include hotels outside the city area, or hotels located near Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Private guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch, drinks and seasonal fruit
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Baby elephant bathing and feeding activity is available in the afternoon and can be purchased at the sanctuary
- Baby elephant bathing is subject to cancellation when water level of the river is too low
- Please note: When Deerland Park is closed on Fridays, there will be a longer stop at the aboriginal settlement
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: MOSSYBUENO, November 2016
this was a wonderful tour with an excellent guide and a wonderful day out seeing these magnificent creatures close up. a not to be missed trip
Reviewed by: Bevan M, November 2016
Absolutly Amazing, Animals kept in pristine condition in perfect location.