Please note: Due to tight schedule, this product is not recommended to travelers who need to leave Hong Kong on the same day.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
After hotel pickup from your central Hong Kong or Kowloon hotel, your full-day trip to mainland China starts with a 50-minute catamaran ride and coach trip to Shekou Industrial Zone. China's first Special Economic Zone and a former customs station, the area served as a base for foreign oil workers in the 1980s. On weekdays, outside school holidays, start with a visit to a kindergarten to meet local children for a glimpse of everyday life the city.
Afterward, it's on to Shenzhen Safari Park to see the Chinese panda, considered to be a national treasure. Located on lovely Xili Lake, the wildlife park is home to rare and nationally protected animals including Asian elephants, red-crowned cranes, Siberian tigers and — of course — pandas!
Once you’ve observed this cuddly creature up close, you'll visit a market (if time permits). Watch as the locals go about their daily shopping, and test out your bargaining skills if you decide to purchase any items.
Your visit to the Exhibition Hall in Shekou is a must! See a display of Qin Dynasty terracotta warriors and horses unearthed in Xian — acclaimed as the Eighth Wonder of the World. You'll also find bronze wares more than 2,000 years old, wall paintings, and porcelain and pottery from the Tang Dynasty, all unearthed in Xian. Listen as your guide describes the significance of the terracotta army sculptures, which date back to the 3rd century BC and were buried to protect Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.
Your coach tour continues to Guangzhou, the third largest city in China. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, embark on a city sightseeing tour of this bustling metropolis — the political, economic and cultural heart of Guangdong province. View highlights including the Six Banyan Tree Temple and the Memorial Hall of Dr. Sun Yat Sen as your guide informs your group about this important hub on the Pearl River.
Your day trip to mainland China ends with an accompanied return to Hong Kong by express train to Kowloon Station, followed by a Hong Kong Island transfer (if applicable) and drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking. This is required for your China group visa.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from your centrally located Kong Kong Island or Kowloon hotel
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour returns to original departure point at approximately 8:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
School kids were happy to try out their English on us, Panda Garden
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- One-way catamaran
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- One-way express train (Guangzhou to Kowloon Station)
- China group visa
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you have continuous journey to Mainland China after your Hong Kong trip, you must hold a multiple entry China visa. It’s your own responsibility to apply for multiple entry China visa prior to the trip
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.(Please make sure to provide 5 work days before the departure date)
- China Group Visa: Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking:
- Full Name as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry Date
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
- Please note: Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit or transit the HKSAR visa-free (if seeking to enter the HKSAR during transit). More detailed explanation, please check with Hong Kong Immigration Department
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Tonee B, February 2017
Really enjoyed my trip to Guangzhou. Terrific tour guides. very friendly. The pandas were awake and amazing to watch. Tour takes a ferry there and you come back on the train. Lovely lunch. Went to a market. No super markets there. Many very interesting things there. Went to a temple and Jade factory. Beautiful jade ! Very interesting trip. Loved all the tours I took with Viator.
Reviewed by: Christina M, February 2017
Had an absolutely excellent time. If you are going to Hong Kong and have never been to Mainland China and want to, this is the tour for you. Everything except tips and souvenirs is included, and its quite nice to have your visa taken care of for you customs is a little scary for westerns, I think. We got a great feel for the region of south China and got to see so many amazing things- big cities, a kindergarten the kids are so cute and friendly, Guangzhou's thriving food market, real terracotta warriors from Xian, the Sun Yat Sen cultural memorial, PANDAS!! Lunch at the Fragrant Lotus House is SO GOOD- its authentic dim sum vegetarian options are available as well. Cannot recommend highly enough. Michelle and Albert, our tour guides, were fantastic as well.