Following a late-afternoon walking tour around Ayers Rock, your guide will lead you to the best place to see Australia's iconic landmark in its most magnificent moments at sunset. Pour a glass of sparkling wine and watch the sunset at Ayers Rock. Your small group will toast this magical experience before returning to Ayers Rock Resort. (Accommodation not included)
The next day, you’ll return to the national park to see Kata Tjuta at sunrise. As dawn breaks over the horizon, Kata Tjuta’s rock domes dramatically change colors in the glow of the rising sun. After you’ve watched this astonishing, naturally occurring light show, you’ll be treated to an outback picnic breakfast. Listen for the sounds of outback creatures, as the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is a haven for Australia’s most famous fauna.
You can choose to take both tours in one day or spread them over two, and you can also schedule the tours in the opposite order, visiting Kata Tjuta first, should you choose to overnight at Ayers Rock for extra nights.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Day 2: Sunrise Kata Tjuta departs between 4:45am and 6:15am depending on sunrise
The local operator will confirm pick-up times on reconfirmation
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sunset at Uluru
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- 2 x 5 hour small group tours, maximum 11 participants
- Professional guide
- Sparkling wine and light snacks at sunset
- Picnic breakfast at Kata Tjuta
- National Park Entry Fee (AUD$25 per adult/AUD$12.50 per child (5-15 years) - valid for 72 hours) - payable direct
- Car Seat Fee for infants (0-4 years - mandatory in all Australian vehicles - supplied by tour company only) AUD$60 - payable direct
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Karen P, August 2016
Sunset.tour: Tour guide was Monica. She gave a very detailed talk before getting to Uluru about the aboriginal culture and the history of the National Park. Did 2 walks at the base of Uluru. Wear good walking shoes and bring water.Unfortunately it was cloudy at sunset so the rock did not glow. But the sparkling wine flowed and the dukkah was as good as the company.
Sunrise tour: Was done by Hannah. Again clouds didn't allow for the best viewing. Did a longer walk in a windy gorge after breakfast.. Wear good shoes.
Reviewed by: carol.crossland, April 2016
Having very limited time we weren't sure if just an overnight stay in Ayres Rock would give us sufficient time to see both a sunset and sunrise. This tour was amazing and we are so glad we did it. The tour company couriers were knowledgeable and very efficient giving us an experience we will never forget. Shortly after our arrival in Ayers Rock we were collected by the tour bus and taken to Uluru where we were given a detailed history and then taken to a viewing platform to watch the sunset. Early the next morning we were collected and taken to Kata Tjuta where we witnessed a spectacular sunrise. We then caught our flight back to Sydney. Despite our reservations this tour really worked for us and made our whistle stop trip to Ayers Rock one we are so glad we did.