- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
On arrival, show your pre-booked ticket or pay your entrance fee (depending on the option selected), and head inside to view the State Apartments, St George’s Chapel and other highlights, all brought to life by audio guide commentary. The display of British pageantry that is the Changing of the Guard takes place in the Castle precincts on an almost daily basis, so you may catch this colorful morning ceremony if your tour takes place on one of the days it occurs and if you have purchased an entrance ticket to the Castle.
Alternatively, use your time to explore the town of Windsor and stroll around its quaint streets. You may also see the New or Old Guard of soldiers marching to the Castle if your tour coincides with a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Usually accompanied by a military band, the Guards march through central Windsor in their bright red tunics and bearskin helmets, making an impressive sight.
After around two hours in Windsor, head for Stonehenge. This UNESCO-listed stone circle rears dramatically from Salisbury Plain and is cloaked in mystery. Perhaps purchase an entrance ticket from your guide and take an audio-guided tour that delves into the stones’ spiritual importance and their associations with figures such as King Arthur and Merlin. Or view Stonehenge independently from outside and ponder its mysteries yourself as you take photos of this incredible prehistoric monument.
Later, continue to Oxford. Home to Britain’s oldest university, the colleges of this honey-stoned town inspired scholars such as Lewis Carroll and J R R Tolkien. Take an included walking tour to admire Christchurch College, the Bodleian Library and Sheldonian Theatre as you listen to your guide’s crystal-clear commentary on your Vox headphones.
Afterward, return to London where your tour ends with a drop-off at Victoria coach station.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour in English
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Custom Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance fees not included
English Tour Including Entry
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge Included
- Hotel pick-up, selected hotels only (until March 31, 2017)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Walking tour of Oxford, including headphones
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge, if option selected
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up (from April 1, 2017)
- Entrance ticket to Windsor Castle interior, if option selected
- Entrance ticket to Stonehenge, if option selected
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Windsor Castle viewing is restricted on Sundays and St Georges Chapel is closed.
- Please note: Windsor Castle is closed April 14, the tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead
- Please note: that the Changing of the Guard only takes place on selected dates
- Please note: hotel pick-up is included from selected London hotels until March 31, 2017. Please contact the supplier directly 48-hours in advance to arrange
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ingrid L, February 2017
We were lead by Rita and Barry the bullet and what a day it was!
Despite our trip leaving late and then losing some time waiting for a member who never made it to check point or called in, we were able to make all our destinations on time and have extra time to explore each location for a while. Rita was awesome as she gave us some cool stories and facts about each destination in English and Spanish, she's very talented in her ability to switch seamlessly between languages and turns out she speaks Portuguese, Spanish, French, English and I think something else.
Anyway, she also took the time to get to know each of us. I automatically sleep on long rides, it's a thing I've done since childhood, but Rita came to me when I woke up to fill me in on things I missed. So considerate.
Barry surely lives up to his nickname. The man somehow navigates through London traffic like it was nothing! And for someone who tends to get car sickness fairly easily, this man was smooth. I'd happily ride with Rita and Barry again!
Reviewed by: Dorian C, February 2017
A lot of travel. Interesting places. A very good guide: he succeded to organize the group in order to fulfil the task.