- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens (drive past only)
- Government House (drive past only)
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay to the Isle of the Dead for a 45 minute guided tour
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Brooke Street Pier Tourism Center
- 8:15am, October to April
- 9:15am May to September
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Grand Historical Port Arthur Walking Tour from Hobart
- Guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- Harbor Cruise at Port Arthur
- Guided tour of the Isle of the Dead
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The guided Historical Walking tour of Port Arthur involves a lot of walking. comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Centre (it has a full commentary).
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Craig A, July 2016
This tour was wonderful! We learned some very interesting things about Port Arthur. The guides were very knowledgeable and had stories to make the history come alive! I would recommend this tour for anyone!
Reviewed by: Christine Bryson, Australia, November 2015
FANTASTIC TRIP - GREAT BUS DRIVER COLIN - GRAYLINE BUSES ARE THE BEST. GOOD TOUR GUIDE ON A REALLY BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL SITE. HAD A FANTASTIC TIME. CHRIS and SCOTT BRYSON