- Seasonal Offer
Upon arrival in the San Juan Islands take a 2.5-hour Whale & Sealife Cruise and continue your cruise through the waters of the San Juan Islands. The whale watching tour departs Friday Harbor at approximately 12:00 pm and returns at 2:30 pm. This 2.5-hour wildlife adventure is great for viewing orcas and other sea life in their natural habitats. The islands are home to 3 whale families, or pods, that migrate to the island waters for the summer months. You'll then have approximately 2 hours to spend in town shopping and sightseeing from 2:30-4:30 pm. At 5:00 pm you'll begin your trip back Seattle and will arrive at Seattle's Pier 69 at approximately 7:45 pm. Please note: Whale sightings are guaranteed. If you don’t see whales on your trip, you are given a free trip to come back.
Please note: Whale sightings are not guaranteed.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Depart from Seattle: 8:15 am
- Arrive at Friday Harbor: 11:45 am
- Whale and Sealife Search: 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm (included)
- Free time in Friday Harbor: 2:30-4:30 pm
- Depart from Friday Harbor: 5:00 pm
- Arrive at Seattle: 7:45pm
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ferry Service from Seattle
- Same-day round-trip ferry service
- 2.5-hour guided cruise on the Whale and Sea Life Search
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a passenger-only ferry service. Autos, bikes, etc. are not allowed
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Patricia H, August 2016
Our naturalist was very knowledgeable and knew the whale by name and who was related to whom. Nobody promised us calves, and we saw several calves jumping out of the water with their mothers. We saw so many that it was exciting and at one point we were turning our heads from side to side as the whales were moving around. The boat was comfortable and while the top deck was a little cool, inside it was very pleasant and I only had my jacket on when I was on the outside deck. We also saw sea lions and seals and several kinds of birds. Friday Harbor is an interesting little town and it felt good to walk around town before getting on the boat to return to Seattle.
Reviewed by: Sarah F, August 2016
This tour was amazing!