Jail and Sail: Alcatraz Tour and Sunset or Twilight Bay Cruise
The tour package includes guaranteed Alcatraz tickets and entry on the award-winning audio tour of the prison, as well as a hearty appetizer buffet and complimentary drink on board the cruise.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
While on the Island, take the time to explore the historic gardens and abundant wildlife, including Brandt’s cormorants, Canada geese and several species of songbirds. Ferries back to the mainland depart every half an hour, and the recommended visiting time to Alcatraz is 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Upon your return to Pier 33, stroll for 0.6 miles (1km) along San Francisco's picturesque waterfront to reach bustling Fisherman's Wharf, the departure point for your sunset or twilight bay cruise. On this relaxed two-hour cruise you will enjoy spectacular sunset views and delicious appetizers to the sound of live guitar music. Informative commentary will be provided by the ship's captain as you cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge and uncover all the major sights of the bay. Enjoy views from the outer decks, or stay warm against the crisp sea-breezes inside the spacious interior decks.
Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the Golden Gate Bridge to cap a memorable afternoon and evening of 'Jail and Sail' in San Francisco!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Sunset/Twilight cruise: Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
12pm, 12:30pm or 1pm Alcatraz Ferry and 7pm Sunset Cruise. Alcatraz ferry time will be confirmed upon ticket collection
- Round-trip ferry and admission to Alcatraz Island ($33 value)
- San Francisco Bay sunset/twilight cruise with light appetizers and one drink ticket per person (wine, beer, soda)
- All taxes, fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Pier 33 (Alcatraz departure point) to Pier 43 1/2 for cruise
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Photo ID is required for collection of Alcatraz tickets
- Twilight/sunset cruise boat features multiple decks for viewings, cash bar for additional beverages and restrooms. Cruise boat is motorized and is not a sailing vessel
Reviewed by: Wanda A, July 2016
Tour was wonderful! Left on time and easy to board following the prompts. Plenty of time to discover Alcatraz and the evening cruise was also wonderful. The young man who entertained us with his singing and guitar was great! All that was advertised was delivered. I would highly recommend this combo tour to anyone who may be visiting San Francisco!
Reviewed by: Sandra D, July 2016
Our group consisted of myself, my husband and our two children... We loved it all! Alcatraz was a great self -guided tour, and the sailing at night had great food and great music