Kata Tjuta Small Group Tour including Sunrise and Breakfast
As the desert landscape comes alive with the sunrise, your guide will lead you to the best spot in order to watch the 36 rock domes turn dramatic shades of red and orange. Following this magnificent, awe-inspiring experience, you will walk to the western side of Kata Tjuta for a delicious, outback picnic breakfast. Listen for the sounds of the desert as you enjoy your meal, and soak in the peaceful aura of one of Earth’s most amazing natural monuments.
After breakfast, your tour continues to Walpa Gorge. Here, your guide will tell you about how Kata Tjuta and the surrounding rock monuments came to be over eon upon eon of constant weathering. Take time to listen to the wind (Walpa) far above and view the scale of the rock walls that surround you. The spirituality of this amazing location embraces everyone who ventures here.
Following your 5-hour journey, your guide will return you to your Ayers Rock Resort hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter
- Professional guide
- Outback picnic breakfast
- Water to refill bottles on all vehicles
- National Park Entry Fee ($25 per adult/$12.50 per child (5-15 years) - valid for 72 hours) - payable direct
- Car Seat for infants (0-4 years) - mandatory for vehicles in the Northern Territory - $60 payable direct
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum group size - 11 participants
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: cristian c, June 2016
The trekk was not conplicated at all, but very interesting specually because our guide Emily was so fun to hear when she told us the stories behind the magestic Kata Juta formations. The flies where really annoying, but despite that the entire was really interesting and fun.
Reviewed by: Patricia Ann K, January 2016