Following a late-afternoon walking tour around Ayers Rock, your guide will lead you to the best place to see Australia's iconic landmark in its most magnificent moments at sunset. Pour a glass of sparkling wine and watch the sunset at Ayers Rock. Your small group will toast this magical experience before returning to Ayers Rock Resort. (Accommodation not included)
The next day, you’ll return to the national park to see Kata Tjuta at sunrise. As dawn breaks over the horizon, Kata Tjuta’s rock domes dramatically change colors in the glow of the rising sun. After you’ve watched this astonishing, naturally occurring light show, you’ll be treated to an outback picnic breakfast. Listen for the sounds of outback creatures, as the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is a haven for Australia’s most famous fauna.
You can choose to take both tours in one day or spread them over two, and you can also schedule the tours in the opposite order, visiting Kata Tjuta first, should you choose to overnight at Ayers Rock for extra nights.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Day 2: Sunrise Kata Tjuta departs between 4:45am and 6:15am depending on sunrise
The local operator will confirm pick-up times on reconfirmation
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sunset at Uluru
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- 2 x 5 hour small group tours, maximum 11 participants
- Professional guide
- Sparkling wine and light snacks at sunset
- Picnic breakfast at Kata Tjuta
- National Park Entry Fee (AUD$25 per adult/AUD$12.50 per child (5-15 years) - valid for 72 hours) - payable direct
- Car Seat Fee for infants (0-4 years - mandatory in all Australian vehicles - supplied by tour company only) AUD$60 - payable direct
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sharon G, February 2017
Though the sunset itself was not notable even though it yielded some good photos the setting, the guide and the light snack were very good. Gary was an excellent guide providing time for questions, informative history of the region, and an appreciation of Uluru region: a real professional. We like small groups and the van was very comfortable.
In the morning the weather brought excitement and uniqueness to the tour. While walking at Kata Tjuta there was a downpour that brought waterfalls from all parts of the domes and formed streams that became rivers in moments. Some people walked to the end, a few turned back and either waded through or made their way on the uneven rocks in the stream. As our energetic, helpful guide, Francesca, said 99 of the visitors see the colors of a bright sky and dry rocks but we were lucky to experience the unusual. Before the rain we enjoyed a stop to see the rocks and a good breakfast offering opportunity to chat with others and the guide.
I recommend these two tours and encourage everyone to be open to whatever nature provides.
Reviewed by: sschneider11, January 2017
Wally was a fantastic tour guide. His narrative about the formations, the history and the Anangu people was absolutely enthralling.