- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
Enjoy early arrival at Muir Woods, before most other tour groups reach the park. This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on Earth. You'll have approximately one hour to admire the groves of giant sequoias. Behold the majestic redwoods as you take a leisurely nature walk with your informative guide, who points out native coastal flora and fauna including ferns, laurel trees and the occasional deer.
Cross moss-lined creeks and stand in awe beneath trees that reach 250 feet (76 meters) skyward. Then re-board the vehicle to spend a leisurely afternoon wine tasting at three boutique wineries in Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Typical stops include Madonna Estate Winery, Cline Cellars and Mayo Family Winery, but locations are subject to change, depending on availability.
You’ll spend up to one hour at each selected winery, with the opportunity to try 5 to 10 delicious wines, enjoy a sparkling wine tasting, and purchase bottled wine to take home. All wine tastings are complimentary!
Arrive at your first winery in the Carneros region of Sonoma County, where you'll indulge in a variety of elegant wines. Stroll the winery grounds, take scenic photos among the vines, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere as you enjoy a personalized experience.
You have an hour of free time at the Sonoma Plaza to purchase lunch, browse the boutiques or enjoy additional wine tasting at the many tasting rooms (fees not included), before sipping more California varietals at your second and third winery, including Napa Valley.
Then relax on the return journey over the Golden Gate Bridge, enjoying sweeping views of the San Francisco Bay and seaside cliffs before hotel drop-off.
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape with Gourmet Food & Wine Pairing UPGRADE
- Muir Woods National Monument, Sonoma & Napa Valley in 1 Day
- Enjoy an exclusive three course gourmet food and wine pairing!
- Lunch for children not included in rate and needs to get paid at the restaurant
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Muir Woods and Wine Country
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour
USD $105.00Pricing details
Wine Pairing Upgrade
Muir Woods and Wine Country tour with gourmet food & wine pairing upgrade
USD $149.00Pricing details
See majestic Muir Woods
- Expert guide and commentary
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine pairing (upgrade; select at checkout if desired)
- Muir Woods National Park entrance fee (USD7.00)
- Muir Woods National Park entrance fee increases to USD10.00 on 01JAN2016
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- Audio tour headsets available in Spanish, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
~Wine Pairing Upgrade Menu~
NV Gloria Blanc de Noir, Sonoma
Cheese Plate with Fresh Fruit
2014 Dry Creek Chenin Blanc, Healdsburg
(Choose one from below)
with fresh basil and Parmesan Cheese
Classic Caesar Salad
romaine hearts with the Bistro’s home-made Caesar Dressing
2014 Dirty Pond Pinot Noir, Sonoma
(Choose one from below)
with almond-arugula pesto and grated Pecorino Romano
mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and caper butter sauce
seasonal vegetables and balsamic reduction
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jeff B, December 2016
Great day trip!
Reviewed by: Samantha R, December 2016
Our family of four had a wonderful trip, it's a lot to experience in one short day and with it starting so early i'd recommend some sort of breakfast pastries/options. Don was a great guide.