- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Follow your guide along the tunnels of the Catacombs and hear the fascinating history of this ancient, underground burial ground on your narrated walking tour. Enjoy an immersive experience of the Catacombs and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Wander the winding tunnels lined with incredible collections of stacked bones and skulls, as your guide relays details of the Catacombs. The area became an underground cemetery in the 18th century, and today contains the remains of more than six million people.
Discover a whole new side of Paris you've never seen before!
After 1.5 hours in the Catacombs, ascend the steps back up to street level where your tour will come to an end.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please make sure to arrive 15 mins before departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
This tour departs at 10:30am. Tour running on Week-ends only.
USD $87.37Pricing details
This tour departs at 1pm. Tour running from Tuesdays to Fridays.
USD $87.37Pricing details
Paris Catacombs Tour
- Entrance fees to the Catacombs
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Exact meeting time will be informed in the tour confirmation.
- Due to limited capacity at the Catacombs the tour must start on time. The guide will not wait for you if you are late, even if you call in advance.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible; there are 130 steps below ground to enter the Catacombs and 83 steps to climb up to exit, and there is no elevator
- Not advisable for anyone with cardiac or respiratory weakness, nervous disease or tendencies towards claustrophobia
- Not advisable for infants or young children
- No restrooms or cloakrooms at the Catacombs
- The temperature remains at 57°F (14°C) inside the Catacombs; dressing warmly is recommended
- The tour is only valid on the date stated on the voucher
- Please be aware that at busy times there may be a long queue to enter the Catacombs
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Graham B, January 2017
A well conducted tour with the experience a once in a lifetime. The millions of bodies bones here and the method of storage of their bones is a sight to see. The catacombs seem to go on forever, however, the overall burial has been well planned and methodically undertaken over the years. Our tour guide was well experienced and provided good commentary along the way. A fascinating tour and whilst one could see this as morbid, it really is a very interesting tour to undertake. Well worth the experience.
Reviewed by: David R, January 2017
Can't remember our guide's name, but he was very nice and extremely knowledgeable and gave lots of great info! It was really nice to have access to some of the exclusive areas not available to the general public. Just know that if you are at all claustrophobic, the catacombs will not be for you. Also, the stairs down and then back up are quite steep and uneven and will have your heart racing.