Book with us and save 7% compared to another travel site!
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
After limousine pick-up from your Las Vegas hotel, you will be taken to board your helicopter. You will fly by Lake Las Vegas, Lake Mead and Hoover Dam as your helicopter flies to the West Rim. During your flight, headphones provide a recorded commentary about the Grand Canyon and its surrounds. The flight between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon West Rim is approximately 45 minutes each way.
Landing on Hualapai Indian land for a champagne picnic, you can admire the ever-changing colors of the canyon walls in the glow of twilight. Your pilot/guide will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the area or your helicopter flight as you watch the sun start to set over the horizon.
Your Sunset Helicopter Tour concludes with a low-level flight over the west side of the famous Las Vegas Strip. Flying from the Stratosphere Hotel to New York-New York, you will have a great view over the extravagant casinos and hotels of Vegas lit up for the night. On landing your limousine will be waiting to return you to your hotel.
There is a maximum capacity of 6 people per helicopter plus your pilot.
For a roomier experience, upgrade your flight to an EC-130 helicopter which allows for more leg room and can accommodate more weight per seat. See Additional Info for more details on weight restrictions.
Please note: the listed price does not include a US $10 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Grand Canyon West Rim Deluxe Sunset Tour by A-Star Helicopter
USD $489.99Pricing details
EC-130 Helicopter Upgrade
Grand Canyon West Rim Deluxe Sunset Tour by EC-130 Helicopter
USD $514.99Pricing details
Grand Canyon West Rim Deluxe Sunset Helicopter Tour
- 45-minute (approx.) flight each way (helicopter based on option selected)
- Picnic meal
- Glass of Champagne
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by limousine
- Gratuities (optional)
- The listed price does not include a US $10 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing between 275lbs (125kg / 19.6st) and 300lbs (136kg/21.4st) you will be required to upgrade to the EC-130. Any passenger over 300lbs will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Michael S, February 2017
Absolutely amazing experience! Highly recommend this tour. Nice new looking high tech helicopters and good reception / check-in area gives you a feeling that safety is taken seriously. We had a great pilot who chatted to us in the air through the headphones and occasional recorded narration was also interesting. Some great pieces of music on take-off and landing added to the emotion but I will not spoil the surprise by telling you too much here - Nice little champagne toast and sandwich based picnic in the Canyon. We had plenty of time for questions and pictures before heading back for a sunset flight over the Vegas strip. Awesome! Not cheap, but we thought was worth every penny! Thanks Sundance helicopters!
Reviewed by: Ren, February 2017
I cant tell you how amazing the entire experience was. They picked us up in a limo - we were the first pick up so we picked up 3 other couples. Then we arrived at the heliport, and they were well organized there. They put us in our groups and they explained everything. then we boarded and flew out. We are so happy that we paid extra to land in the canyon and to go at sunset - though the food was truly picnic food and not my style. The colors of the sunset splashing on the canyon walls was truly breathtaking and our pilot was so good at giving us the history that I have to say this is a must do tour - and the flyby of downtown Vegas at dusk? Worth it!