There is no better way to learn authentic Thai cooking than taking an authentic cooking class in Thailand. You don't need prior cooking skills - just a love for eating Thai food!
- Lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
This half-day cooking class will introduce you to the wonderful world of Thai flavors allowing you to take your knowledge home with you so you can make authentic Thai dishes back home in your own kitchen.
Your class will be held at The Baipai Thai Cooking School, an ideal home-style learning environment that aims at cooking a style of Thai food that is different from most of the hotels and restaurants in Thailand. Spend the morning learning to prepare 4 authentic Thai dishes. During all classes, the school's instructional emphasis is always focused on the same three things: traditional Thai technique, innovative use of ingredients, and aesthetic presentation. You will be guided by professional teaching staff who possess years of experience in this specialized area of Thai culinary delights! They are as enthusiastic about Thai food as they are sharing their knowledge with you.
All classes are conducted in English and are a "hands on.' This is an experience not be missed.Please note: The class does NOT cater for vegetarians
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs from your Bangkok hotel (select hotels only)
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin this tour. Please see Additional Information for a list of hotels with no pickup and drop-off
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to your hotel at approximately 1:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Thai cooking is a skill you keep for life!
- Thai cooking course
- Cook Book
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour will operate with a minimum of 2 passengers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
Hotel pickup and drop-off is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And select areas such as the outer suburbs
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Stuart C, July 2016
Good fun and the food was delicious! Will be trying to source the right ingredients at home now we know what Thai food should taste like.
Reviewed by: Esther L, July 2016
This experience was one of my highlights as a first time visitor from California. They made the whole thing so seamless minus one critique you can read about at the end from calling us at the hotel the night before for a final confirmation of time to dropping us off at our desired location. I loved the various multiple stations of activities:
1. Locker room available to safe-keep your personal items.
2. Experience local ingredients through their garden where you can see how the plant grows, smells, and tastes.
3. Sit around a table of other ingredients and learn to smell, identify, and find a good quality of the ingredients.
4. Learn and experience how the locals make coconut milk and coconut cream using The Rabbit. :
5. Watch the main chef cook one dish setting makes you feel like you're on a TV cooking show with mirrors strategically placed so you can see everything happening from various angels in real time.
6. You get to go to your individual station to cook the same dish.
7. We went to a table overlooking the resort looking view to enjoy your home-cooked Thai dish.
8. Then you do it 3 more times 4 dishes total.
9. Of course we took a picture with our guide and chef at the end!
10. They gave us all a parting gift in addition to the lovely food and cookbook. Go to the cooking class to find out what that is!
My only personal negative experience, was the long car ride from my hotel. It took about 35 minutes in a rather nice shuttle. I'm prone to getting car sick so I wish I could have known to prepare a bit more in advance for that. Luckily we knew how to get around on the BTS so after the class, we had them shuttle us back to the BTS and we took that back to the hotel. Strangely, I don't get motion sickness from that.