- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
During the approximate 45-minute drive from Tokyo, your guide explains the features of the museum and shares about the history of Studio Ghibli, the Japanese animation film studio that has produced acclaimed works like the Academy Award–winning film Spirited Away.
When you arrive, enjoy 1.5 hours to explore the museum on your own. See various exhibits that describe the animation process, take your kids to the play space, or watch a short film by anime director Hayao Miyazaki, only available for viewing on-site. Children will delight in the fun way that Ghibli characters are featured throughout the museum.
Visit the gift shop or restaurant to purchase souvenirs or food, if you wish, before your tour ends at the museum, leaving you free to make your own way back to Tokyo by train (own expense).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 2016: 3:10pm
- 2017: 11:50am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tokyo Studio Ghibli Museum Afternoon Tour
- Guide on the bus to the museum
- Entrance fees
- Transportation by bus to the museum
- Return transportation from the museum back to central Tokyo
- Guide in the museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Strollers are not permitted inside the museum
- Children 3 and younger are free of charge
- Photography is not permitted inside the museum
- Please Note: The guide service will end at the entrance to the museum before you enter; please make your own way back to your hotel after your time at the museum
- This tour is offered to travelers from overseas only
- This is a walking tour; it is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes
- Arrival time at the museum varies depending on traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Suzanne S, September 2016
Easy to find your way back from the museum to Tokyo, we had just enough time to explore the museum.
Reviewed by: Renee P, September 2016
Our guide was excellent! She was full of knowledge and interesting facts! It was nice to listen to her while we were driven in comfort to the location.