The group size is limited to 12 participants for a personalized experience.
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Get inside tips from a local
Head inside and meet the friendly and knowledgeable owner-come-sommelier, Livio. A winner of the prestigious ‘Best Sommelier Fisar Italia’ award, Livio will guide your tastings and introduce you to the world of Tuscan wine and cuisine so you can get the best from the experience.
Take a seat and learn how the bar opened in 1895, first as a delicatessen and then a fish shop, and has stayed in the hands of the same family since. See the beautiful marble basins, complete with sculpted marble spouts, that were once used to wash the fish sold here.
Then, set about sampling the wines and snacks prepared for your tasting: a selection of four classic Tuscan wines and a luscious spread of locally sourced produce.
Although the wines and foods may vary, you can typically expect to sample wines such as a Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG red and Super Tuscan Noir red accompanied by local cheeses, fresh fruit, cold cuts and some of the region’s finest olive oils (See the Itinerary for a sample menu).
As you sip and nibble, swap notes with your fellow tasters and get the benefit of Livio’s exhaustive knowledge of Tuscan wine. Discover how the wines are made, the vineyards they hail from, and hear about the culinary delicacies on offer and how they complement each wine.
After around an hour of enjoying the tastings and convivial atmosphere, your wine and cheese sampling session then comes to an end.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cheese, wine and olive oil tasting
- Expert sommelier guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation of this tour will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- 1 glass of Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG red accompanied by selected cheeses and fruit
- 1 glass of Brunello di Montalcino Tiezzi red accompanied by pecorino cheese and fruit
- 1 glass of Super Tuscan Noir red accompanied by goat’s cheese and fruit
- Samples of Tuscan olive oil, including Frantoio, Leccino and Moraiolo varieties
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sara S, October 2016
Great experience! It was informative and fun! We were a little late, because Google Maps told us to turn left instead of right so be ware of your directions if using them!
Reviewed by: Jamie C, September 2016
We somehow booked the wrong day and showed up on Friday night when our booking was for Saturday night. The host was very accommodating and though it took some time, he sorted it out and let us stay. I felt bad because it delayed the start for everyone else, but thankfully no one seemed to mind. It was exactly what we had hoped for on a rainy day in Florence. A small group in a beautiful wine shop tasting wine and cheese for about an hour. The wines paired perfectly with the cheese selections. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to do a wine tasting!