The fleet consists predominately of European AS355 Twin Engine Squirrels (seats 06 passengers plus pilot). They are ideal aircraft for scenic flights, with an open plan cabin making for excellent views for all passengers. The Helicopter Line has the highest levels of Civil Aviation Authority certification for scenic helicopter operations, this involves regular monitoring and audit of all aspects of the operations.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Cook Mountains High Helicopter Flight
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Scenic helicopter flight with snow landing (45 minutes)
- Pilot guide
- Items of a personal nature
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please advise preferred flight time at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Richard H, March 2015
Fantastic. Well worth it. If you haven't been in a helicopter before that adds to the excitement.
Reviewed by: Tom J B, February 2014
A HUGE highlight of our honeymoon. Unfortunately, our camera was stolen a couple of days later before we had a chance to download our pictures, but as my wife says, "that just means we have to go back!" What a HUGE trip this is. Stunning scenery and landing on the glacier is a highlight. The only downside is that not all the headsets were working, so the pilot commentary wasn't heard by all. But that's a minor point.