- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Close encounter with wildlife
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. You'll dive either the combination of 'Shark Wall' and 'The Arena' or the combination of 'Shark Wall North' and 'The Runway'. At either location, you'll encounter a gathering of Caribbean Reef Sharks on a consistent basis.
Your first dive is a 'Free Swim' with the sharks on a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know that dinner time is soon. However, no bait is exposed on this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers - just as you would encounter a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark-feeding dive. Unlike ordinary dives, you'll spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Divers form a semi-circle in front of the professional shark feeder who'll place a bait box on the bottom. Your feeder utilizes the bait box and a pole spear to control the release of food that influences the shark's behavior. Watch exactly how the shark feeder keeps the sharks in a 'polite' feeding posture. The sharks will come very close but they are more interested in the bait than you!
We will ensure your timely return to Nassau for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Cruise pier pickup - 11:45am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Nassau Shore Excursion: Shark Diving Adventure
- The use of tanks, weights and weightbelts
- Fresh drinking water and ice
- Port pickup and drop off
- Dive equipment and wetsuit (rental available)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Videotape of dive
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants MUST be certified as a diver or junior diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Each participant is required to wear full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs) and gloves on this dive
- Videotape of the dive is available for an additional fee
- New divers who have not yet purchased their own equipment can rest easy with the knowledge that all rental equipment is less than 2 years old and only from the very best manufacturers
- Tour duration includes hotel transportation time
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Must have good physical health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives. Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
Approximate rental costs for equipment:
- Wetsuits - $10 per day
- Regulators w/ alternate air sources and consoles - $7 per day
- Buoyancy Compensators - $7 per day
- Mask / Fins / Snorkel Set - $7 per day (Fins are full foot fins with sizes from 3-4 to 11-13)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Katherine S, September 2015
Diving up close and personal with sharks has been at the top of my husband's bucket list for years and so we were VERY excited to find this tour and give it a try! I can happily say that we were thrilled with the experience! Both the initial dive, where we swam around a wreck and checked out some of the sharks we would later see even closer during the feeding, and the shark arena dive were great. Nothing can prepare you for how awe inspiring the shark arena is though! Talk about a surreal experience. Shark loving divers NEED to do this activity!!
Reviewed by: Joseph K, August 2014
Fantastic and the people at Stuart's were so helpful and definitely on their "a" game!