- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Stroll through Raphael’s Rooms as your guide talks about the talented artists who designed masterpieces for the popes. With tales of Renaissance-era rivalries ringing in your ears, continue through the Pinecone Courtyard, Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of the Tapestries, and then step inside the Sistine Chapel.
Home to some of the most influential pieces of Western artwork in the world, the sacred chapel is sure to be a highlight. Stand amid the hushed quiet — talking is forbidden — and gaze at Michelangelo’s frescoes of The Creation of Adam, which cloaks the ceiling, and The Last Judgement.
From the chapel, wander through to St Peters Basilica, the Vatican’s iconic late-Renaissance church. Hear more tales of Michelangelo as you view La Pietà, and admire Bernini’s bronze baldachin that frames the papal altar. Then, take a turn around St Peter’s Square to discover Bernini’s use of optical illusion at the colonnades.
Your tour then finishes at St. Peter’s Square.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Starts at 10am
USD $90.61Pricing details
Starts at 2:30pm
USD $90.61Pricing details
Skip the Line: Private Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Private guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This ticket enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- Tours departing Wednesday: there is the possibility that you will be unable to include St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. If you would prefer a ticket with guaranteed access to St Peter's Basilica and the square, do not select Wednesday as your travel date
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, the full 3-hour tour is spent inside the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Your guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. No refunds or discounts will be issued
- Wheelchairs can be taken on this tour. If assistance is required, you must provide your own carer
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, please avoid bringing backpacks on this tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Daphne H, October 2016
This was an excellent tour. Our guide, Lorili, was fabulous. She led us through the crowds to the must see things and gave us information and history that we never would have gotten on our own. We were able to ask her questions and chat in a way that could have only happened in a private tour. Well worth the money.
Reviewed by: SP, October 2016
This private tour was really good. It was helpful to have someone who knew their way around through the crowds in there! She took us to a different bathroom with a much shorter line and knew where the elevators and wheel chair entrances were. She explained the parts of the museum that we were most interested in in detail, and we had much more time to enjoy the Sistine Chapel. A guard actually had us go the front of it so we could see the painted wall there and the priest who was there with prayers to remind us all that this is a chapel. The guide then explained all the details we needed for St. Peter's since we could not get there from the chapel due to tons of stairs. We went later and all that info was helpful there. Those Vatican museums are the place to do the private tour since it is so HUGE and so crowded. Great job.