Be whisked away to the heart of historic Rome for a lunch break at a traditional Roman restaurant we can recommend, or wherever your taste buds lead you! Your private, dedicated guide will be at your side for the entire day to answer all your questions, provide you with the best advice, and take you to all of the most important fountains, piazzas and monuments which include the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and much more.
No trip to Rome is complete without a stop at the Colosseum. Skip the long queues yet again and explore the interiors and bloody history of this infamous monument! Enjoy being comfortably transferred back to Civitavecchia in time the catch your ship.
Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at time of booking to alert our guide, so that he or she can better prepare for your private tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Rome in One Day Private Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- By pre-booking this tour it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tours departing Wednesday, there is a possibility that you will be unable to include St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's square could be closed.As an alternative you will be offered and extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's rooms.
- On rare occasions St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, we spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will endeavor to list any affected dates as they become available. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- If you request to store your luggage for the duration of the tour, an extra fee is payable locally to your guide. The fee will be decided on a case-by-case basis
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
- Cruise company
- Ship Name
- Your arrival time into Civitavecchia
- Please note, you can choose to remain in Rome or drop off to the airport also. Please specify at time of booking.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: 2eanddee, October 2016
Excellent, thorough and our guide was knowledgable and helpful.
Reviewed by: Jacqueline S, August 2016
Just so pleased to have booked a private tour as had done it before 7 years ago with a ship excursion and this was awesome with a wonderful gal , very informed and just saw so much and missed all the crowds. Took us to a small restaurant to eat to save time. Only bad thing was the driver was to meet us outside of gate at port according to our paperwork and he had gone inside and wasn't there when we first come off the ship so we sort of missed each other. Fortunately my son had a cell phone to call world tours and got it straightened out but was abit uneasy until he found us.