- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
Your first stop of the tour is Oxford. Known as the ‘City of Dreaming Spires,’ Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world. On arrival, step out of your coach and enjoy a walking tour of the city center with your guide.
Plug into your state-of-the-art headset and listen to your guide talking clearly as you pass by the elegant, timeworn buildings and courtyard that have inspired generation of scholars, including Bill Clinton and his daughter Chelsea, Hugh Grant and Kate Beckinsale. See the Bodleian Library and Christ Church College, where Harry Potter scenes were filmed and where Albert Einstein studied.
Next, enjoy a brief stop for refreshments (own expense) before hopping back inside your coach and traveling through the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, an area steeped in gentle English beauty, history and heritage. Look out the window to admire the thatched-roof cottages and charming inns. On arrival in Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of the famous playwright William Shakespeare, visit Shakespeare's Tudor-era home, with its typical parlor, bedrooms, kitchen and buttery. After, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense) at one of the many charming eateries.
Then it's a short journey to medieval Warwick Castle, whose magnificent towers and ramparts remain mostly intact. Travel back through 1,000 years of history as you cross the footbridge to a bygone world of banquets, battles and ceremony. Climb the winding staircase to the Princess Tower, or, if you're feeling brave, visit the spine-chilling dungeons where prisoners were tortured. You might wish to take a stroll through the castle's lovingly tended gardens, where archery, falconry and jousting take place in the summer months.
Your day trip then concludes back at Victoria Coach Station in the evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pick-up, selected hotels only (until March 31, 2017)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Use of a headset
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Entrance fees to Shakespeare's Birthplace and Warwick Castle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to Christ Church
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up (from April 1, 2017)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: hotel pick-up is included from selected London hotels until March 31, 2017. Please contact the supplier directly 48-hours in advance to arrange
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Diana Tan, Singapore, January 2017
My family and I love this tour. Informative and good.
Reviewed by: keith, December 2016
This tour was perfect in everyway.