Dagsresa till Siena och San Gimignano från Florens
- Dagsresa (resmål A till B)
- Alla inträdesavgifter ingår
Your first visit is the Basilica of San Domenico, a treasure chest of Renaissance dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena. Head inside the Basilica with your guide and admire its highlights. After marveling at the artwork, continue with your guide on a walking tour of the old town until you reach the Cathedral (exterior visit) and then stroll to one of the city's contrada museums.
The museum is dedicated to information about Siena’s famous contrades, and as you browse the exhibits, your guide will talk to you about their origins. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and each one boasts their own flag and anthems. Learn of the contrades’ role during Siena’s legendary Palio horse race, and browse the historical documents on display.
After a break in Piazza del Campo for lunch (own expense), board your coach and travel to San Gimignano, roughly an hour away. Head inside San Gimignano 1300 Museum, which showcases life in the city 700 years ago, and watch a crafts demonstration where miniature models of San Gimignano buildings are made. Learn about the different techniques in ceramic production from hand decorating to firing the clay, and then sample a glass of white wine made from the locally renowned vernaccia grape. Try a selection of medieval sweets, too, such as ricciarelli (rich biscuits) and panforte (moist and sumptuous fruit cake).
Enjoy free time to explore the museum and town, and then return to your coach for your journey back to Florence, finishing your tour at the start point.
Please note: When the Museum and the Oratory of the Contrada are not accessible, it will be replaced with the interior visit of the Cathedral or another site of particular historic and cultural interest.
Nya foton för rundturen
Välj en månad för att se en kalender med information om tillgängliga platser och avgångar.
Klicka på länken nedan om du vill kontrollera priser och tillgänglighet för önskat resedatum. Våra priser uppdateras fortlöpande, så att du alltid får tillgång till lägsta möjliga pris.
Siena and San Gimignano Full Day Tuscany Tour from Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort
- Professional guide in Siena
- Entrance fee to Basilica di San Domenico in Siena
- Guided visit in Contrada's Museum and Oratorio
- Guided visit of the Museum in San Gimignano
- Wine, snacks and sweets tasting in San Gimignano
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to Siena Duomo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Recensioner från resenärer
Recenserad av: Ann-Christin L, maj 2015
Recenserad av: ricardo m, september 2015