Discover the natural beauty of Phillip Island and Wilsons Promontory National Park on this two-day small-group tour from Melbourne. Get back to nature with hikes along spectacular tracks and see native wildlife in its natural habitat. Be entranced by the nightly penguin parade, and visit the Koala Conservation Centre.
- Alle inngangsbilletter inkludert
- Informativ, vennlig og profesjonell guide
- Se det lokale dyrelivet i sitt naturlige miljø
Escape the hustle and bustle of Melbourne on this two-day tour of Phillip Island and Wilsons Promontory National Park, two places that will allow you to enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty and wildlife of Victoria.
Day 1: Melbourne to Phillip Island (L)
Leave the city behind and drive to Phillip Island, a favorite Melbourne getaway and famous for its nightly Penguin Parade. En route, stop at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, home to more than 200 animals, including many native Australian species such as kangaroos, koalas, dingoes, and various reptiles and birds.
On arriving at Phillip Island, visit the Koala Conservation Centre to see the adorable (yet sleepy!) koalas. Then at Cape Woolamai, take off your shoes, feel the sand between your toes and perhaps take a quick swim. Next its Churchill Island, connected by bridge to Phillip Island and steeped in history. The island is a working farm that continues to honor the traditions of a bygone era. Wander around the old homestead, visit the blacksmith and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration.
Delight in watching the playful seals that gather at Seal Rocks, before experiencing the highlight of the day, the Penguin Parade.
Accommodation: The Island Accommodation
Day 2: Wilsons Promontory to Melbourne (B)
This morning, travel to Wilsons Promontory National Park, situated at the southernmost point of mainland Australia. Affectionately known as The Prom, it is one of Victoria’s most loved natural attractions and contains the largest wildlife-filled coastal area in Victoria. Explore the park from a series of walking tracks, such as Lilly Pilly Gully, Vereker Outlook or Pillar Point. Be amazed by the stunning scenery, fern gullies and if you’re lucky, you may get up-close views of kangaroos, wombats or even emus.
Later, take a coastal walk along Squeaky Beach, where the pure-white quartz sand sings under your feet.
Native Wildlife at Wilsons Promontory
Velg en måned for å se en kalender over tilgjengelig datoer og avreiseinformasjon.
Avreisested:570 Flinders Street, Melbourne
- Winter: April 3, 2011 – October 1, 2011
Summer: October 2, 2011 – March 31, 2012
Winter: April 1, 2012 – October 6, 2012
Henting ved hotellet starter ca. 30-60 minutter før dette tidspunktet. Det nøyaktige tidspunktet for hentingen vil bli opplyst ved ny bekreftelse.
Informasjon om tilbaketuren:Returns to original departure point
Klikk koblingen under for å sjekke pris og tilgjengelighet for den valgte reisedatoen. Prisene våre oppdateres jevnlig for å sikre at du alltid får lavest mulig pris.
Shared accommodation in 6-bedded dormitory with share bathroom
- Accommodation and linen
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All park entry fees – 3 Parks Pass
- Professional guide
- Transport to and from Phillip Island, Wilsons Promontory and Melbourne
- Hotel pickup/drop-off at selected Melbourne Hotels
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour not recommended for children
- Minimum child age is 14 years old
- Children under 18 year old must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum group size 24 participants
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack of soft overnight bag weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
The Island Accommodation is an eco-friendly hotel/hostel with both private and shared rooms (private rooms have private bathrooms; shared rooms have shared facilities). It has a large rooftop terrace with 360-degree ocean views, a cafe that serves breakfast and lunch, and lounges with entertainment areas.
Please note: Your guide will not be staying overnight at the hotel but will return in the morning to collect you and continue the tour.
What to bring
- Good shoes/boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, hat and water bottle (1.5 liters)
- Swimsuit and towel
Du kan enten vise en papirkvittering eller en elektronisk kvittering for denne aktiviteten. Hva er dette?
Informasjon for lokal operatør:
All operatørinformasjon, inkludert lokale telefonnumre på reisemålet, er angitt på bekreftelseskvitteringen din. Produktsjefene våre velger kun de mest erfarne og pålitelige operatørene på hvert reisemål, slik at du slipper å bekymre deg for om du har valgt riktig.