Monticello and Thomas Jefferson Country Day Trip from Washington DC
Idiomas del recorrido
Stop at Michie Tavern for a tour of this rustic, 18th-century landmark and a hearty lunch of southern favorites (own expense) served family style; you may also choose to wait and eat at the cafe at Monticello if you prefer. After leaving Michie Tavern, take a gorgeous drive up an 850-foot (260-meter) mountain to Monticello, Jefferson's lavish plantation home, and spend 3 to 4 hours exploring it on your own. Join a guided tour of the magnificent neoclassical-style mansion, and see the extensive slave quarters on Mulberry Row. Walk around the lush vegetable and flower gardens and pay a visit to Jefferson's grave.
Your day trip also includes a drive through the lovely grounds of the University of Virginia, which was founded and designed by Jefferson. Relax on the drive back to Washington DC, and conclude your 11.5-hour day trip at Union Station.
Fotos recientes de este recorrido
Detalles del programa
Seleccione un mes para ver un calendario de disponibilidad y los datos de la salida.
Información sobre precios
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace para ver los precios y la disponibilidad en la fecha de viaje seleccionada. Nuestros precios son actualizados constantemente para que usted siempre tenga a su disposición el precio más bajo posible.
Información sobre precios
Monticello through the flowers
- Professional driver/guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take this coach tour without making any special arrangements
- If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift
Opiniones de viajeros recientes
Opinión de: Susan C, septiembre 2014 Inglés
David Cooper our guide was superb. Told us about the sights on the way to Monticello. The stop for lunch at Michie Tavern is great. What a historical, fun place along with a terrific buffet.
Opinión de: Nanthaka K, agosto 2014 Inglés