Explore the spectacular ancient city of Ephesus on a private shore excursion from the Kusadasi port. Learn about the rich history of this ancient city and visit the House of Virgin Mary, the Basilica of St John and the Temple or Artemis (also known as Temple of Diana). At the Ephesus Museum, see excavations from Ephesus, as well as frescoes, mosaics and the two famous statues of the Artemis of Ephesus. A private guided tour ensures you make the most of your brief time in port.
Please note that Ephesus Museum will be closed in 2013
- Disponible en Español, Inglés
- Todas las entradas incluidas
- Impuestos, recargos por combustible y cargos por servicio incluidos
- Recogida y vuelta en el puerto incluidas
- Guía privado para disfrutar de un trato más personalizado
When you arrive in the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion to Ephesus begins. Enter the magnificent city through the Magnesia Gate, and then stretch your legs during a walk with your guide into the ruins of this former Roman capital. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. Your guide will tell you about the architectural importance of these sites, as well as historical Roman events that took place there.
You will then visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where Mary spent the last days of her life. The house was discovered in the 19th century after the repeated visions of a Catholic nun, Anne Catherine Emmerich, were published in a book. When the ruins of the house were discovered, a small shrine dedicated to St Mary was found there.
Next, see the graceful columns and mosaics that remain of the Basilica of St John, built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St John the Apostle. Enjoy the panoramic views of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis. This temple, also known as the Temple of Diana (the Roman goddess equivalent), was first built during the Archaic period and is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World .
Visit the Ephesus Museum, located near the entrance to the Basilica of St John, which displays excavations from the ancient city of Ephesus as well as frescoes and mosaics.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Detalles del programa
Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus. Ephesus Theatre
Seleccione un mes para ver un calendario de disponibilidad y los datos de la salida.
Punto de salida:Kusadasi Port
Hora de salida:
- Tour start time will be adjusted to your ship's arrival. You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick-up time.
Detalles de la vuelta:Kusadasi Port
Información sobre precios
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace para ver los precios y la disponibilidad en la fecha de viaje seleccionada. Nuestros precios son actualizados constantemente para que usted siempre tenga a su disposición el precio más bajo posible.
Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus. Temple of Artemis
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that Ephesus Museum will be closed in 2013 and your tour will last 5.5 hours instead of 6h
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
Información sobre el vale:
Para esta actividad puede presentar un bono impreso o un bono electrónico. ¿Qué es esto?
Información del operador local:
En su bono de confirmación encontrará la información completa del operador, en la que se incluyen los teléfonos locales en su destino. Nuestros jefes de producto solo seleccionan a los operadores más fiables y expertos en cada destino, para ahorrarle trabajo y asegurarle tranquilidad.