Take the high road to the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness on a small group day trip from Edinburgh. You'll travel through beautiful Glencoe, admire the spectacular Highlands and spend time at Scotland's famous Loch Ness - an absolute must on any visit to Scotland!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
With a maximum group size of 16 passengers, you are sure to have a memorable and personal experience on this special day trip to the Scottish Highlands. Traveling in a small group means you can reach out-of-the-way places to discover the real Scotland!
Leaving Edinburgh, you'll pass Linlithgow Palace (birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots), Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument, to reach the most dramatic of all Highland glens, Glencoe. This area is steeped in history, and you will hear the truth about the infamous 1692 massacre of Clan MacDonald.
Journeying through Fort William, site of the military post built during the Jacobite Rebellions in the 18th century, you'll continue up the Great Glen, between Fort William and Inverness.
After lunch at Fort Augustus on the shores of Loch Ness, you have the option of taking an hour-long cruise on the loch (not included). The boat has a sonar system, so if Nessie is around you will not miss her! (Operational from Easter to end October.)
Back on the road, you'll stop at Spean Bridge before heading through the Cairngorms National Park, Craig Meagaidh and along the shores of Loch Laggan, where the TV series Monarch of the Glen was filmed. Continuing over the Drummochter Summit, where herds of red deer often graze, you'll visit the Victorian town of Pitlochry, the final stop for the day.
Special Offer! - Book now for travel before February 28, 2014 and save 15%! Please note this offer is not valid on tours departing between December 21 and January 5. - Book Now!
Glen Coe Mountains, Scotland
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:207 High St, Edinburgh.
Return Details:Concludes at Waverley Bridge opposite Waverley Train Station at 8:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- The chance to see "Nessie", the Loch Ness monster
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Loch Ness Cruise (approximately £10)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you can take lots of stops and reach "out of the way" places, giving you more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.