Sydney Taronga Zoo General Entry Ticket
- Instant Confirmation
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
After entering the zoo, make your way around its 10 themed areas — including Wild Australia, Wild Asia and the Great Southern Oceans — where you can see animals living in unique environments that imitate their natural habitats. Have your camera ready at all times, as views of Sydney Harbour and Harbour Bridge abound.
Don’t miss a ride on the Sky Safari gondola, which whisks you high above the zoo grounds, giving you bird’s-eye views of zoo inhabitants like elephants. It also provides photo ops of Sydney Harbour, Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.
If you'd like a more up close and personal experience, you can pay for optional animal encounters with wildlife like koalas, giraffes and reptiles. Meet these fascinating creatures, and take home a souvenir photograph.
Education Officers can offer you and your family a wildly different learning experience, allowing you to go face to face with live animals. Learn about plants and animals in their natural environments, and develop an understanding and positive attitude about wildlife of all types. This experience gives visitors both young and old the skills and enthusiasm to actively participate in the care and conservation of flora and fauna in their own communities.
Sydney Taronga Zoo opened on October 7, 1916. Since then, the zoo has conducted 33 conservation breeding programs, 11 recovery programs, 10 in situ conservation partnerships and is involved in a further 10 major research programs for conservation. The zoo is a not-for-profit organization and maintains a proud international reputation for animal care and conservation.
How to get to the zoo:
The easiest way to get to the zoo from central Sydney is by ferry. Not only is it convenient but it’s also a great way to see spectacular Sydney Harbour. Ferries depart from Wharf 2 at Circular Quay every 30 minutes. When you arrive at Taronga Wharf, take the Sky Safari gondola to the top entrance of the zoo. The gondola is included in the price of zoo admission. Alternatively, you can take the zoo bus service that meets every ferry.
- Taronga Food Market – Located near the elephant enclosure with indoor and outdoor seating; offers six different food and beverage outlets
- Cafe Harbourview – Cafe-style menu featuring Mediterranean plates, salads, hot food and cakes
- The Fish Stop – Offers salt-and-pepper squid, calamari, garlic prawns and fish and chips
- Terrace Cafe – Located inside the main entrance and offers a range of sandwiches, wraps, pastries, coffee and drinks
- Taronga Zoo also has many picnic areas, so feel free to bring a picnic basket and enjoy lunch with views of Sydney Harbour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
9:30am - 5pm Sep 1 to Apr 30, 2014
9:30am - 4:30pm May 1 to Aug 31, 2014
9:30am - 5pm Sep 1 to Apr 30, 2015
*New Year's Eve is subject to change due to the New Year's Eve celebrations
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sydney Taronga Zoo
- General admission ticket
- Sky Safari gondola round-trip ride
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to the zoo
- Optional zoo activities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: Anonymous, March 2015
Reviewed by: Jennifer W, January 2015
Great zoo! Beautiful exhibits and it is a marvel that it is built into a "hill." We tried to buy a behind the scenes tour, but Viator doesn't update their website quickly enough and all the behind the scenes tours were sold out -wasting valuable time to find this out! Advice: book a behind the scenes tour ASAP, but even if you can't do that, you can still get up close to the kangaroos. You won't be able to hold a koala though. It's still a great opportunity!