Nowhere is Louisiana’s wildlife more abundant than in the swamps and bayous of New Orleans . After crossing the Mississippi River, take a boat ride through these swamps and bayous and be on the lookout for alligators, raccoons, snakes, turtles and native birds. Hear stories from your guide about local Cajun culture and the mysteries of the swamps and bayous.
After a short coach ride across the Mississippi River, embark on a fascinating 2 hour boat trip through the swamps and bayous of New Orleans! Watch the timeless beauty of Southern Louisiana unfold as you travel through the bayous and swamps in a custom built, all-weather boat.
Your local guide will reveal the mysteries of this iconic Louisiana terrain as you observe the nesting grounds of native wildlife. Discover how the seafood from the bountiful waters provides a wide assortment of delectable local dishes! Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year.
Along the way, learn all about Cajun culture and ingenuity — hear how Cajun people turned soup into gumbo, a famous Louisiana dish; the washboard into a musical instrument; and, of course, the swamps into a natural paradise. Your guide will also explain how these lush, untamed swamps and bayous are slowly disappearing. Learn about the efforts made to preserve and restore Louisiana's vanishing wetlands for future generations to enjoy. You'll return safely from the bayous with a return coach ride to the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the French Quarter
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour begins at 9am
Tour begins at 11am
Tour begins at 1pm
Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour
- Narrated boat cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Snacks and refreshments available for purchase on boat
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus
- Electrical wheelchairs are permitted, but special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 72 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Unfortunately, electrical scooters are not permitted
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.