Take a tour of the mighty Hoover Dam, where you'll explore the inside of the dam, walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant. You’ll also enjoy a 90-minute cruise, including lunch, aboard a paddle wheeler on Lake Mead and a stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory.
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
Begin your Hoover Dam tour with pickup in a luxury motor coach from your Las Vegas hotel. At Hoover Dam, you’ll take the Discovery Tour and have time to explore the exhibits on your own.
While exploring on your own, head to the Theater Level, where there are murals, maps, photos and other displays that provide an introduction to the Hoover Dam. Watch a short presentation, "How the West was Won," that showcases the part that the Bureau of Reclamation played in taming the rivers, settling the West and growing the country’s food.
Next, you’ll visit the power plant generators on the guided Discovery Tour. To get there, you'll take the large elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon to walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators. Stand on top of it at the Penstock Viewing Platform, where you can view one of the four 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
After the Discovery Tour, visit the Exhibit Gallery, which highlights some of the natural history of the region and presents a picture of how the Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. From the Dam Overlook, you can soak in the beautiful panoramic view of the Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River.
Then it’s time to leave the heights of Hoover Dam and head down to the water’s level. At Lake Mead Marina, you’ll board the Desert Princess paddle-wheel steamboat for an approximate 90-minute cruise on Lake Mead. You’ll enjoy your deli-style lunch on board as you travel along Lake Mead and admire new views of Hoover Dam. On your way back to Las Vegas, you’ll stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory for a taste of chocolate.
Please note: The listed price does not include a $5.00 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Special Offer! - Book now and save over 5% on the recommended retail rate! - Book Now!
Hoover Dam Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Pick up from select Las Vegas strip hotels
- 10:30am pickups start at 8:30am
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
- Approximately 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please note: The listed price does not include a $5 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fee is required by our local supplier and is not within our control
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- This tour is handicap accessible. If you require a bus with a chair lift on it, your booking must be made at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that a bus is available. Please advise in the special requirements at checkout if you require a bus with a lift.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.