When your cruise ship docks at the Ketchikan port, leave modern luxuries behind and explore Ketchikan the way the natives did on this rainforest canoe and nature walk shore excursion! Paddle through a pristine lake in the Tongass National Forest and learn about Ketchikan's Native American history. Admire the region’s natural beauty on a short walk through the rainforest with your knowledgeable guide and learn about the forest's unique wildlife and lush vegetation. The canoe paddling and nature walk are suitable for all fitness levels.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
After meeting your tour guide at the Ketchikan port, your Alaskan shore excursion begins with a scenic coach ride to a quiet mountain lake. Here, board a stable, easy-to-maneuver, Native American-style canoe with your group and expert guide. Paddle on a lake through the Tongass National Forest, the largest national forest in the United States, and keep an eye out for wildlife on shore. Learn about the interesting Native American history of the Ketchikan area.
Dock on shore and enjoy delicious Native American-style snacks, including smoked fish, clam chowder, fresh bread rolls with wild berry jams and refreshing beverages. Then, follow your guide on a short nature walk through the rainforest and see native Alaskan wildlife. After the hike, board your canoe and paddle back to the dock to begin a relaxing journey to the cruise ship port.
This adventure is an exclusive opportunity to explore Southeast Alaska just like the Native Americans did!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Ketchikan port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Ketchikan cruise port
- Coincides with your cruise ship's arrival
Return Details:Returns to Ketchikan cruise port
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs Port of Ketchikan at 8am
Departs Port of Ketchikan at 10:30am
Departs Port of Ketchikan at 11:30am
Departs Port of Ketchikan at 12:30pm
Departs port of Ketchikan at 12:45pm
Departs Port of Ketchikan at 3pm
Ketchikan Rainforest Canoe
- 3.5-hour canoe and nature walk shore excursion
- Hearty snacks
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- At time of booking, you will receive the tour operator's contact info on your voucher
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jackets
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.