Escape to a tropical paradise surrounded by reef and rainforest with a short break on beautiful Green Island. Enjoy luxury accommodation, daily breakfast, roundtrip catamaran transfers from Cairns and a full day Outer Great Barrier reef cruise on this relaxing 3-day getaway.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Family friendly
- Breakfast included
Located 16 miles (27 kilometers) off the coast of Cairns, Green Island is a lush tropical paradise located on the fringe of the Great Barrier Reef. Home to over 120 species of native flora, an abundance of brightly colored birds and an array of marine life, Green Island has everything you would expect from its ideal reef and rainforest location.
Departing from Cairns' Reef Fleet Terminal, your 45-minute luxury catamaran cruise to Green Island sets the scene for your 2-night tropical escape. Relax and enjoy the views along the coast where World Heritage Rainforest meets the reef. On arrival it's a short stroll to Green Island Resort and the rest of the day is free to explore the island and make use of the resort facilities.
On day 2 you have a leisurely start to the day with a late morning departure for your Outer Great Barrier Reef cruise. Join a 50-minute cruise to a permanently moored activity platform on the Outer Reef to experience the world-famous Great Barrier Reef. The multi-level platform features undercover seating and tables to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, full bar facilities, a swimming enclosure for children, change rooms with freshwater showers, sundeck, and scuba diving facilities (additional cost) with a semi-submerged platform.
There is plenty to do for swimmers and non-swimmers alike on a great day to the Outer Reef. Snorkel and dive (additional cost applies), visit the underwater observatory and cruise in a semi-sub, or just relax on the sundeck and enjoy the tranquility of your surroundings. Snorkeling equipment is provided and buffet lunch is included.
You'll return to Green Island in time for sunset cocktails and dinner (additional cost). The rest of your 3-day stay is at leisure so you are free to take advantage of the non-motorised beach activities such as snorkeling, rainforest walks, kayaking, windsurfing and volleyball.
Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns
Return Details:Departs Green Island at 4:30pm (Day 3)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2 nights accommodation in a Reef Suite - Split level luxury suite, large king size bed, spacious lounge area, separate bath & shower, private balcony
2 nights accommodation in an Island Suite - Spacious guest room, double or twin rooms, some inter-connecting or adjoining, separate bath & shower, private balcony
Green Island, Tropical North Queensland
- 2 nights accommodation at Green Island Resort
- Roundtrip catamaran transfer from Cairns
- Breakfast on day 2 and 3 at Green Island Resort
- Lunch on day 2 (at Outer Barrier Reef)
- Outer Great Barrier Reef day trip
- Complimentary sunset drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum of 2 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 3 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
Itinerary:Included activities at Green Island Resort:
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Snorkeling equipment
- Guided night nature walks
- Self guided rainforest walks
- Fish feeding daily
- Entry to the world's oldest Underwater Observatory
- Windsurfers, surf skis & canoes (includes daily windsurfing instruction)
- Beach volleyball
- Beach chairs & umbrellas
Facilities at Green Island Resort include:
- 24 hour reception
- Club Spa Massage & Beauty
- Private guest swimming pool
- Day visitor swimming pool
- Pool bar
- Restaurant bar
- Award-winning restaurant
- Casual grill
- Sandwich bar & ice cream shop
- Dive Shop
- Guest laundry
- Laundry & valet service
- Private guest lounge equipped with board games, Playstation and a library of books, videos and daily newspapers
- Wake up calls
- Internet access in guest lounge
- Photographic service
- Remote control color TV
- Complimentary cable TV
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Direct dial ISD/STD telephones
- Message waiting system
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Complimentary tea & coffee making facilities
- 240v/110v electrical points (bathroom only)
- Private balcony with table & chairs
- Full length mirrors
- Writing/make-up desks with mirror (Reef Suites only)
- Slippers (Reef Suites only)
- Hairdryer & complimentary personal grooming items
- Shower & separate bath
- In-room safe
- Iron & ironing board
- Rechargeable torch
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.