Florence Segway Tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All necessary equipment included
Your tour starts with a 30-minutes orientation session. Once you feel comfortable riding the Segway, your journey begins to the historic center of town. Here you will have the opportunity to visit (exterior only) all the important areas of Florence while listening to your audio-guide comfortably through your headpiece set.
Tour Highlights include:
Orsanmichele Church (external visit)
Basilica of San Lorenzo
Giotto Tower (external visit)
The Loggia dei Lanzi
The Baptistery (external visit)
The Uffizi (external visit)
Santa Croce Square
New Market Square (Porcellino)
After your Segway tour why not join a Tuscan tasting lunch?
What better way to experience traditional Italian recipes than having a lunch with an expert chef. You will learn the origins, ingredients and preparation tips to make the perfect Italian dishes. At the end of the lesson enjoy a delicious lunch that you have prepared and best of all... take home a brochure of Italian recipes to impress your family and friends.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Florence Segway tour departing at 9:30am
Florence Segway tour departing at 2:30pm. Available April to October only
Florence Segway Tour
- Orientation session (30 minutes)
- Segway tour with audio-guide (3 hours)
- Tour leader
- Headphones so you can hear the audio guide and tour leader clearly
- Wet weather jackets
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to monuments and museums
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone between 12 years and 70 years.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
Reviewed by: Anny H, September 2014
We had so much fun segwaying through the city and learning a great deal about Florence at the same time! Valentina was an awesome, fun, and friendly guide who would answer all of our questions. My husband and I (age 65) had segwayed before and just needed a refresher. Two ladies in our group had never segwayed before but with Valentina's teaching they picked it up very quickly. You're a little nervous at first, then after about five minutes, you completely forget you're even on a segway--it becomes second nature. And the headsets allow you to hear everything your guide says clearly at all times. There is a bag on the front of the vehicle where you can store a few items like a camera, e.g., since there are so many photo ops. With a segway you can cover a lot more ground with less energy--it the way to go!
Reviewed by: jcollard, August 2014
A really fun way to see the beautiful city!
It only took a few minutes to learn how to use a Segway and then you're off. Our guide was fantastic and showed us around all the main sites imparting her local knowledge and experience of living in this amazing city. It's also a great way to rise above the crowds when in popular areas.
We took the tour the first morning we arrived in Florence and it really helped us to get our bearings, see parts of the city you wouldn't normally find and was without doubt, the most enjoyable part of our trip to Florence.