Whale Watching & Wildlife Eco Tour from San Francisco
The California coastal waters off San Francisco have annual migration patterns for whales. From June to November you'll sail in search of blue and humpback whales, and from December to May you'll have the chance to spot gray, sperm and killer whales! In addition, you'll enjoy gorgeous views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline and the Farallon Islands from the decks of your eco-friendly catamaran. An exciting and intimate encounter with nature that you'll never forget!
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Whale Watching Wildlife Tour (5 hours)
Catch sightings of various whale species, dolphins, porpoises, sea birds and San Francisco's famous sea lions on the 5-hour Whale Watching Wildlife Tour. After you board your vessel and set sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, you'll enjoy spectacular views of Stinson Beach, Fort Cronkite, Double Point, Muir Beach, Bolinas, and the Point Reyes National Seashore and Lighthouse on your exciting quest for whales.
Farallon Islands Natural History Tour (6 hours)
On this longer tour, you'll sail to the Farallon Islands, approximately 27 miles (43 km) offshore from San Francisco, to experience an extra thrilling whale watching tour. Perfect for boating enthusiasts, this six-hour excursion takes you straight to the Gulf of the Farallones after cruising underneath the Golden Gate Bridge and bypassing California's amazing Pacific coastline.
The Farallon Islands are the perfect spot to see the whales migrating, as they often roam in this area that is densely populated with plankton. It is also not uncommon to see White Sharks as they migrate to the Farallon Islands and feed.
Both tours are taken on the comfortable 65' Catamaran Kitty Kat that features a unique hull design and superior engineering. The Kitty Kat is the most advanced vessel for wildlife expeditions in San Francisco, and features a heated cabin, spacious sun deck, and can sail at high speed! Be sure to pack lunch and beverages, bring a camera and wear warm clothing and sturdy, waterproof shoes for this expedition.
GUARANTEED WHALE SIGHTINGS OR YOUR NEXT TRIP IS FREE!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Whale Watching Wildlife Tour
5-hour Whale Watching Wildlife Tour from San Francisco departing at 8:00am
Farallon Islands Tour
6-hour Farallon Islands Natural History Tour from San Francisco departing at 8:00am
San Francisco Whale Watching Tour
- Sightseeing cruise
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please be prepared and take preventative measures after consulting with a doctor. Keep in mind that this is an intense expedition and the boat will stop at the Farallon Islands which may result in some light rocking
- The whale-watching boat is fully stabilized and its modern technology helps make every trip a great ride
- Boats are equipped with clean restrooms for your convenience
- Wheelchair accessible for passengers with limited mobility
- Dress warm and in layers. Waterproof jackets and comfortable, sturdy shoes are highly recommended
- Children under 9 years of age are not permitted
Reviewed by: Sarah C, September 2014
Absolutely recommend this trip. Very informative and very helpful. We even got to see mummy and baby humpbacks!! Ashley plus the other crew members couldn't do enough. A must do in San Francisco.
Reviewed by: Jennifer H, September 2014
Loved it! Very professional, but down to earth. I particularly loved that they always ensured our presence didn't upset the whales. Followed a Humpback mom and baby for quite some time. Saw sea lions, Harbor Porpoise, mola mola (sun fish), egg yolk jellyfish, and tons of birds. Ashley was amazing!