All aboard the Edinburgh Express on a three-day tour from London! You'll tour Edinburgh at your own pace on this partially guided rail tour, and take a drive north to Loch Ness and the Highlands.
Day 1 - Edinburgh
Your train from London's King's Cross whizzes you north, along Britain's east coast to Edinburgh. Your visit to Edinburgh includes a 24-hour hop-on hop-off tour by open-top sightseeing bus. Frequent departures throughout the day mean you have total flexibility to plan your day in Edinburgh the way YOU choose!
Sights, attractions and landmarks of this lovely city include the Old Town, Edinburgh Castle and Scottish crown jewels (entry included), the Scott Monument, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, where state ceremonies and official entertaining take place when the Queen is in Scotland, and the Scottish Parliament Building.
Day 2 - Loch Ness and Highlands
Your journey to the Highlands begins with a drive through Rob Roy MacGregor country, Rannoch Moor. Then it's on to Glen Coe, site of the 1692 battle of the MacDonalds and Campbells. Next you'll see Fort William, in the shadow of Ben Nevis, and take a memorable drive through the Great Glen. After a stop at the picturesque village of Fort Augustus, you'll head along the shores of Loch Ness for some monster spotting!
Day 3 - Edinburgh
Enjoy some last-minute shopping in Edinburgh, visit the attractions on your must-see list, stroll through the city center - it's your choice because it's your day!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Kings Cross Station (customer information desk)
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 10:15pm on day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Roundtrip Standard Class train ticket between London & Edinburgh. 2 nights B&B Accommodation
Roundtrip First Class train ticket between London & Edinburgh. 2 nights B&B Accommodation
- Entry to Edinburgh Castle
- Edinburgh city map and guide
- Hop on Hop off tour of Edinburgh
- 2 nights accommodation in B&B
- Return standard class train ticket from London to Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transport between station and hotel
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Unfortunately children under the age of five years cannot be permitted on this tour, as the minivans are not fitted with child safety seats
- The train trip is approximately 5 hours each way
- This tour is unescorted on the train and in Edinburgh
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.