Explore the historic township of Cooktown as you drive through the magical World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park and the famous Bloomfield Track on this 4WD tour from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas. The journey is just as spectacular as the destination. You'll venture into rainforest, the outback and cross the Daintree River before reaching Cooktown, home of Australia's first European settlement, where you'll have free time to visit the James Cook Museum (optional).
- Instant Confirmation
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Immerse yourself in the history and adventure of this outback, rainforest region. Travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia's most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, crossing the mighty Daintree River by cable ferry. Journey through spectacular landscapes that contain the world's highest number of rare and endangered plant and animal species. Your guide will enlighten you with stories and history of the region as you continue by 4WD to the Bloomfield Track, crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges.
Stop for lunch at the famous Lion's Den Hotel, one of North Queensland's oldest bush pubs, established in 1875. Continue to Black Mountain, surrounded in mystery and ancient Aboriginal legend, before arriving at Cooktown. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views from Grassy Hill of the Coral Sea, Cooktown and the Endeavour River.
You'll have an hour of free time to stroll through Cooktown or visit the James Cook Museum. (Entry to the museum is not included.)
Departing Cooktown by the inland Mulligan Highway, you'll travel through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River goldfields region. After an evening meal break (additional expense payable direct) at the Mt Molloy Hotel, a typical North Queensland pub serving home-cooked meals, you'll return to Cairns at approximately 9:30pm.
There is also an option to fly back to Cairns along the scenic Daintree Coast and the Great Barrier Reef. The flight from Cooktown to Cairns is a commercial flight with Hinterland Aviation, departing Cooktown at 6.05pm and arriving Cairns at 6.50pm. If this option is selected, your arrangements will end at Cairns General Aviation Airport. Transfers from Cairns General Aviation Airport are NOT included and you'll need to make your own way back to your accommodation. Please note: The flight will be experienced at sunset during the winter months from May to August.
Take the option to return to Cairns by air
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from centrally located Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas hotels including residential addresses
- Cairns 7:00am
- Northern Beaches 7:30am
- Port Douglas 8:30am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 9:30pm.
If opted to fly from Cooktown to Cairns, you'll arrive into Cairns General Aviation Airport at approximately 6:55pm. Hotel drop off is not included with this flight option.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cooktown Adventure Tour by 4WD vehicle in both directions. Includes pickup and drop off from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas hotels and lunch.
Cooktown 4WD tour from Cairns, Northern Beaches & Port Douglas hotels including lunch. Return to Cairns by scenic fixed-wing aircraft. Transfer from Cairns Domestic airport to hotels is NOT included.
Cooktown Full-Day 4WD Adventure Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Travel by air-conditioned 4WD
- Local guide
- Morning tea
- Cable Ferry ride across Daintree River
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop off (If Drive/Drive option selected)
- Flight from Cooktown to Cairns General Aviation Airport (if Drive/Fly option is selected)
- Entry to James Cook Museum AUD$10 (Optional)
- Hotel drop off (if the drive/fly option is selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Maximum 17 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to weather and road conditions, alternative routes may be taken.
- No refund will be given if the itinerary is altered due to weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Seat in coach transfers from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas available and payable direct
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.