Take a trip through time and see the evolution of New Zealand’s wildlife brought to life at ZEALANDIA, one of New Zealand's premier eco-attractions located just minutes from central Wellington. At ZEALANDIA: The Exhibition, you’ll see New Zealand’s incredible natural history and world-renowned conservation movement showcased in a state-of-the-art indoor exhibition. Then step outside, through the predator-proof fence and into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 225-hectare (550-acre) eco-sanctuary that offers you the best opportunity to see some of New Zealand’s rarest birds, reptiles and insects in the wild. Your ticket includes entry to both The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley.
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
As you enter The Exhibition at ZEALANDIA, you’ll be transported back 1,000 years to the time before humans arrived on New Zealand. Stand face-to-face with the long-lost giants of the bird world – the 10-foot-high (3-meter-high) moa and the man-eating Haast’s eagle. On the big screens, witness centuries of catastrophic loss as generations of new settlers, and the animals and plants they bought with them, changed the face of New Zealand forever. Then find out what is being done to put the pieces of this fractured paradise back together.
As you step outside into Sanctuary Valley, the world’s first fully fenced, urban eco-sanctuary, look and listen for more than30 species of native birds and reptiles, including tuatara, saddleback, hihi, takahe and many more. ZEALANDIA’S 500-year vision is to restore the Sanctuary Valley as close as possible to its pre-human state.
To gain greater insight, you can join the ZEALANDIA rangers for free talks at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm or 3pm daily.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:ZEALANDIA Visitors Centre
- Opens: 10:00am daily
Closes: 5:00pm daily
Return Details:Concludes at ZEALANDIA Visitors Centre
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entry to the Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Visitor guide and map
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Last entry is at 4.00pm
- Cafe and gift store available
Itinerary:Complimentary Shuttle Bus Time Table
To ZEALANDIA from Wellington
- i-Site: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Te Papa: 9:35am, 10:35am, 11:35am,1 2:35pm, 1:35pm, 2:35pm
- YHA: 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm
- Rydges: 9:50am, 10:50am, 11:50am, 12:50pm, 1:50pm, 2:50pm
- Novotel: 9:55am, 10:55am, 11:55am, 12:55pm, 1:55pm, 2:55pm
- Top Cable Car: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
From ZEALANDIA returning to i-Site
- ZEALANDIA: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1.15pm, 2.15pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.