Select a datex
When you’re in port in Seattle, make the most of your time by combining two of the city's best activities on this one-of-a-kind two-part shore excursion! On this small-group guided tour, spend your morning enjoying Seattle’s striking natural landscapes on an exciting outdoor adventure – choose from hiking, cycling, kayaking, rock climbing or snowshoeing! Next, embark on an intimate and relaxing wine-tasting tour through Woodinville, one of Washington’s most abundant wine regions. This full-day tour is the perfect way to take advantage of all the natural beauty the Pacific Northwest has to offer. And no need to worry – your tour guide will make sure you return in time to board your ship.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
Spend your time in port enjoying both the natural beauty and great wine of the Seattle area! On this full-day shore excursion, enjoy an active morning in the great outdoors by choosing one of five adventures, depending on the season: hiking, cycling, kayaking, rock climbing or snowshoeing (activity is selected at time of booking). You don’t have to be an expert at any of the activities – beginners welcome! All are perfect ways to experience the scenic beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
Enjoy a complimentary gourmet picnic lunch before spending your afternoon on a relaxing wine tour in Woodinville, a beautiful wine region located about 30 minutes from Seattle. Visit four delightful boutique wineries with your small group and enjoy the best wines in the area as you learn about local winemaking and the art of viticulture -- a great way to end the day!
Sit back and admire the beautiful scenic landscape as your guide drives you back to Seattle in time to board your ship.
All activity descriptions, lunch and wine-tasting details can be located in the Itinerary Section.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Seattle port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Kayaking Before Wine Tasting
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Seattle Cruise Terminal
- All tours depart at 7:30am.
All tours operate March 16 to Oct 15, except for Snowshoeing, which operates Oct 16 to March 15.
Hike & Wine operates on Fridays
Bike & Wine operates on Saturdays
Paddle & Wine operates on Saturdays
Rock Climb & Wine operates on Thursdays
Snowshoe & Wine operates on Fridays
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Guided hiking trek followed by wine tasting.
Guided kayaking tour followed by wine tasting.
Active Wine Tasting Experience
- 10-hour active wine tasting experience
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Activity of your choice
- All necessary equipment
- All tasting fees
- Morning tea with pastries, full lunch, select snacks
- Transportation in a luxury Mercedes jeep or van
- Professional naturalist guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Adult pricing is applied to all travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Participants must be 21 years or older for wine tasting
Hike & Wine
- Hike through Snoqualmie National Forest.
- Depending on conditions, your guide will pick the trail of the day.
- Embark on a moderate hike through a northwest wonderland experiencing the region's beauty and the adaptive ecosystem!
- Track and spot wildlife and mountain birds, while being educated by a naturalist guide.
- Cycle through the Olympic Sculpture park where there are a variety of sculptures in an outdoor setting.
- Enjoy the incredible views of the Olympic Mountains, Puget Sound and Elliot Bay.
- Cycle through Ballard Locks, which links salty Puget Sound with the fresh waters of Seattle's urban lakes and observe the parade of sailboats, yachts, fishing boats and kayaks making passage.
- See Fisherman’s Terminal and the Sea Star, the fishing vessel from the Emmy Award-winning television series about Bering Sea crab fishing, Deadliest Catch.
- Cycle though the funky neighborhood of Fremont - the self-proclaimed “Center of the Universe” - and make a sweet stop for a dollop of ice cream.
- Catch a glimpse of the Sleepless in Seattle floating home before hopping off your bike and moving onto wine tasting.
- Kayak in Salmon Bay, located a scenic 20 minutes north from downtown Seattle.
- See some of the richest wildlife territory in the entire city!
- Kayak past Golden Gardens Park and Shilshole Bay Marina – mooring hundreds of yachts and sailboats – and then across the bay to West Point, the tip of 550-acre (222.5-hectare) Discovery Park located in the Magnolia neighborhood.
- Admire Discovery Park, the largest park in Seattle, boasting 2 miles (3.2 km) of undisturbed beach and a 130-year-old lighthouse.
- Catch a glimpse of bald eagles, harbor seals, salamanders, river otters, ospreys, and much more.
- Get a great view of the Hiram M Chittenden Locks, where thousands of salmon find their way up the fish ladder , which provides access to their ancestral spawning grounds. Great blue herons, kingfishers and sea lions all gather in this area to take advantage of the migrating fish. Besides wildlife, the locks are also an exciting feat of engineering.
- Your rock climbing experience takes place at Deception Crags, just east of North Bend, a Seattle-area community. This is a popular spot for Seattleites looking for a quick climbing fix.
- The beginner and intermediate routes are perfect for climbers to learn solid skills before heading to one of the more difficult climbing destinations.
- Learn about the ecosystem from your expert naturalist guide who will take you on a short hike to learn about the local ecology, geology and natural history of the area.
- No previous rock climbing experience is necessary to enjoy this experience!
- Depending on conditions, your guide will pick the trail of the day
- Embark on a snowshoe tour through a northwest winter wonderland experiencing the season’s beauty and the adaptive ecosystem!
- Track and spot wildlife and wintering birds, all the while making sure you take time just taking in some magical scenery
- Your guide will share his or her vast knowledge of the outdoors and mountain fitness training.
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind wines at Hollywood Hill Vineyards, the only winery in Woodinville with its own vineyard. The handcrafted wines you will taste here are produced in very small quantities. Depending on the winery’s daily schedule, you may have the opportunity to visit the vineyard.
- Visit DeLille Cellars and enjoy their award-winning wines while taking in the stunning architecture of their winery.
- At JM Cellars, enjoy their wines by the fire before touring the cellar room. You may even be able to taste right from the barrel while being educated by the winemaker! Finish your visit with an interpretive nature walk through the on-site native wetlands.
- At Airfield Estates you will learn about the history of the family who grows the grapes while tasting some of their excellent wines.
- Organic and locally-sourced
- Includes a meat (such as grilled salmon or chicken), a grain salad (such as quinoa with roasted vegetables) and a green salad. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps as served in lieu of the meat dish.
- Local wine, Pellegrino water and sodas are included.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.