Select a datex
Fly high over breathtaking volcanic landscapes on an unforgettable 30-minute seaplane flight from Rotorua. See New Zealand's world-famous volcanic scenery as you fly over spectacular Mt. Tarawera, the Blue and Green Lakes, and the gurgling geysers of Whakarewareewa Thermal Reserve. Flying at a time to suit you, this scenic air tour will fit into even the busiest of itineraries.
- Scenic air tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Set amidst a myriad of volcanic crater lakes and steeped in Maori legend, Mt. Tarawera's lunar-like landscape is an awesome sight that can only be fully appreciated from the air. The 1886 eruption of the now dormant Mt Tarawera created an 8km (5-mile) volcanic rift along the summit of the mountain, forming a spectacular landscape of jagged rocks and volcanic lakes.
Your 30-minute scenic flight from Rotorua will take you soaring over Mt. Tarawera’s crater rift before flying south to the Steaming Cliffs and hot lakes of Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Returning to Rotorua you’ll fly over the Blue and Green Lakes, and the geysers of Whakarewareewa Thermal Reserve before ending your flight with a landing on Rotorua Lake.
Flights depart throughout the day from dawn to dusk, so simply advise your preferred departure time when booking. A minimum of 2 adults is required per booking.
Fly over spectacular Mt Tarawera
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Rotorua hotels
- Your preferred time between dawn and dusk
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Fly over Volcanic Crater Lakes near Rotorua
- 30-minute scenic floatplane flight over Mt. Tarawera Volcano
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and balance of the aircraft, the maximum per seat limit is 297 lbs (135 kg) per passenger
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.