Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Next, you'll visit St Peter's Basilica to admire the famous artworks by Michelangelo and Bernini, where your private walking tour concludes.
This in-depth private tour of the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance.
- between 9am - 11pm
- between 2pm - 3pm
- at 7pm
Please include a preferred time at time of booking. The closest available time will be allocated. You must call 24-48 hours prior to travel to reconfirm exact meeting time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs between 9:00am & 11:00am
Departs between 2pm & 3pm
Departs at 7pm
Fresco inside Vatican Museum
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Evening Tours: St Peter's Basilica is closed during the evenings. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please select the Morning or Afternoon Tours as your travel date
Reviewed by: Gavin H, United Kingdom, February 2015
Simply stunning tour. We had our guide, Maria, all to ourselves and she really brought to life the art and the history. She was incredibly knowledgeable she had studied in the Vatican and had a PHD, enthusiastic about the subject and brilliant at drawing out all the small details you never get from a guide book or a big tour. Really made our trip and will worth the cost !
Reviewed by: babs, October 2014
Absolutely the best guide ever. . She was extremely knowledgeable. We could not have asked for more.