Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Next, you'll visit St Peter's Basilica to admire the famous artworks by Michelangelo and Bernini, where your private walking tour concludes.
This in-depth private tour of the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance.
- between 9am - 11pm
- between 2pm - 3pm
- at 7pm
Please include a preferred time at time of booking. The closest available time will be allocated. You must call 24-48 hours prior to travel to reconfirm exact meeting time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs between 9:00am & 11:00am
Departs between 2pm & 3pm
Departs at 7pm
Fresco inside Vatican Museum
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Evening Tours: St Peter's Basilica is closed during the evenings. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please select the Morning or Afternoon Tours as your travel date
Reviewed by: Ruby C, August 2015
To have an art historian accompany us on this tour was truly amazing. Blanche was very knowledgeable and knew all the very interesting points in the Vaticam.
Reviewed by: Kate, August 2015
Skipping any line to see anything is a great idea. Having your own private guide to bring you to what you want to see is the only way to see The Vatican. Our guide Maria was fabulous. She met us on time, procured our tickets and off we went, no time wasted. She took the time to ask us what we were interested in seeing. We advised her we were having a private tour the next day of the Secret Rooms and Sistine Chapel and she was delighted, now knowing what she could show us so as not to waste time doubling up. Maria was lovely, intelligent, an Art Historian, and no question asked went unanswered. She knew where to stand to view the art and attractions, and told wonderful side stories and tales of past popes, sculptors and artists. We ended up with enough time to walk to St. Peters, and again, she excelled. She seemed to know the security personnel and was able to bring one to the best exact location to take pictures. stars and worth every dime!