Select a datex
Calling all adrenaline junkies! Are you up for the Shotover triple challenge? Experience Queenstown at its very best as you brace yourself for a jet boat ride on the Shotover River, helicopter over Skippers Canyon and white water rafting from Deep creek to Cascade rapid. Guranteed to get the heart pumping, you're half day adventure tour includes all equipment and safety briefings.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free drinks included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scenic helicopter flight
Check in at the Queenstown Rafting Adventure Centre, where you will be given a short briefing on the format of the Shotover Triple Challenge. From here you will be transferred to the Shotover River for the first part of the Triple Challenge, an exciting ride in the world famous Shotover Jet Boats on the Shotover River. Speed through the towering, rocky canyons of the South Island's river of gold. HANG ON tight as you experience the famous 'Shotover Jet turn', where your boat spins through a full 360 degrees in its own length.
Immediately following the jet boat ride, you proceed to Cavell's Rafting Lodge, where you change into a full wetsuit. Transfer to the heli-pad and climb aboard a turbine-powered helicopter for a spectacular rollercoaster flight up Skippers Canyon.
You will land at Deep Creek, where you'll meet the experienced white water rafting guides. After extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques, board your raft and paddle over peaceful waters at first, before striking the exhilarating rapids of the lower Canyon. Experience rapids such as Rock Garden, Sharks Fin, Toilet, Pinball, Jaws, Sequel and the unforgettable, 170 meter Oxenbridge Tunnel, followed closely by Cascade Rapid. From your take out point, you will be transferred to Cavell's Rafting Lodge for a hot shower and sauna, before returning back to Queenstown.
Guides are fully licensed and are carefully chosen on the basis of their skill and experience, their ability to make sound decisions and their ability to communicate and identify with our clients. Rafting on the Shotover River varies in difficulty according to river levels. In the event the Shotover River is unsuitable, rafting may be transferred to the Kawarau River.
Triple Challenge (Jet Boat Ride, Helicopter and White Water Rafting)
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Queenstown Rafting Adventure Centre
- 7:30am October - May
- 8:15am June - September
- 12:15pm year round
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 7:30am October - May
Departs at 8:15am June - September
Departs at 12:15pm daily
Queenstown White Water Rafting
- Shotover Jet Boat ride
- Skippers Canyon Helicopter tour
- White Water Rafting on the Shotover River
- All rafting equipment and clothing (wetsuit, wetsuit jacket, spray jacket, paddle, helmet, wetsuit booties and a life jacket)
- Extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques
- Hot showers and sauna
- Transport by coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum weight requirement is 40kg
- Children ages between 13 to 17 years must be accompanied by a guardian
- Helicopter ride seat maximum 6 passengers
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Travelers must be water confident
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.