Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Day Trip from Cairns
Enjoy the tranquility of the rainforest as you soar above the canopy aboard the Skyrail on a day trip to Kuranda from Cairns. Choose from a variety of options including Kuranda Scenic Railway, Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or the popular Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Start your day traveling to Kuranda either by coach or aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway. On arrival you'll have free time to shop in Kuranda's Heritage Markets, or grab a bite to eat in one of the many restaurants/cafes (additional cost). Maybe you prefer a wildlife encounter at Birdworld, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (additional cost).
Later, board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for one of the world's most beautiful rainforest experiences. As you glide over the rainforest canopy, take advantage of two optional stops to enjoy a guided walk through the rainforest or visit the CSIRO Interpretive Center.
There are many options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you like. Choose from:
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky- Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
- Sky/Rail - Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8.5 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (9 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
with buffet lunch (10 hours)
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Cairns and northern beaches hotels
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky - 7:00am and 8:00am
- Sky/Rail - 8:00am and 8:45am
- Rail/Sky - 7:00am and 7:45am
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai - 8:00am and 8:45am
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch - 7:00am and 8:00am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, free time in Kuranda, return on Skyrail (approx. 10 hours)
Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, free time in Kuranda, return on the Scenic Railway (approx. 10 hours)
Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, free time in Kuranda, return on Skyrail (approx. 8.5 hours)
Tjapukai/ Sky/ Rail
Travel on the Scenic Railway, free time in Kuranda, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (approx. 9 hours)
Tjapukai/ Sky/ Rail/ Lunch
Travel on the Scenic Railway, free time in Kuranda, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (approx. 10 hours)
- One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway ride
- Kuranda Scenic Railway (if option selected)
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (if option selected)
- Rainforestation Nature Park (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Kuranda Scenic Railway (if option not selected)
- Tjapukai (if option not selected)
- Birdworld entrance (approx. AUD12.00/adult, AUD5.00/child)
- Butterfly Sanctuary entrance (approx. AUD13.00/adult, AUD6.50/child)
- Kuranda Koala Gardens entrance (approx. AUD13.00/adult and AUD6.50/child)
- AUD1.00 Kuranda Levy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Kuranda Levy of AUD$1.00 per person is payable direct on the day of travel
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Glide over Australia's World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest canopy. Hear the birds singing and smell the fresh scent of the rainforest as you effortlessly and silently skim just meters above the rainforest canopy in a six-person gondola. Enjoy unbeatable views from the rainforest to the reef as you pass over the peak of the mountain range.
The 7.5 kilometer Skyrail has two stops along the way where you can hop out and explore this amazing environment from the forest floor on boardwalks, scenic look-outs and in the state-of-the-art Rainforest Interpretation Centre. See why the award-winning Skyrail is considered a world leader in eco-tourism, providing you with a truly unique rainforest experience available no where else in the world.
Kuranda Scenic Railway
The world famous railway experience is a must-do when visiting Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, Australia. The onboard commentary will help you discover the pioneering history of the tropical north from way back in the late 1800's, be astounded by a magnificent engineering feat and explore some of the great characters involved in the construction of this great railway.
Begin at Freshwater Station where you'll have time to have breakfast at the cafe or explore the small museum. Board the train to begin your One hour and 45 minute journey through the rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. Cross the impressive Stoney Creek Bridge and stop for photos at Barron Gorge.
At the end of you Kuranda Scenic Rail ride you'll arrive at Kuranda Station, world renowned for its tropical gardens and historic significance. It is possibly one of the most photographed railway stations in the world. The heritage-listed buildings blend with the tropical surrounds providing a relaxed environment to enjoy.
Rainforestation Nature Park
Experience indigenous culture, Australian native wildlife and World Heritage listed rainforest all on one site at the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park. Set on 100 acres (40 hectares) in the midst of World Heritage rainforest, this unique tourist attraction features a variety of activities the whole family will love.
Board the Army Duck for a different look at the rainforest and some of its inhabitants. Your amphibious Duck travels over land and water to take you into the heart of the rainforest. Visit the Koala and Wildlife Park and come face to face with some of Australia's most cuddly creatures. The Dreamtime Walk is your introduction to Aboriginal and Islander culture. Try your hand at boomerang throwing and watch as the Pamagirri Dancers display the humor and excitement of their native dance.
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
A short walk from the Skyrail, you can experience indigenous culture at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. discover Australia's ancient culture through theatre, stage shows and demonstrations. See how the musicians coax out the sounds of dingoes, birds and learn the secrets of the circular breathing technique you will need to master to be a true didgeridoo player.
Have you ever used a Woomera to throw a spear? Throw a traditional returning boomerang and have your photo taken with a Tjapukai performer. The dance theatre is set in a natural forest amphitheatre and featuring a live performance celebrating traditional Tjapukai corroborees and song. The Creation Theatre tells the story of the Tjapukai people with live performers interacting with giant holograms.
You can also choose to include buffet lunch at the fully licensed restaurant.
Reviewed by: Karen Y, Australia, December 2014
Up on the train and back on the cableway was the best way to do this tour. You must do the Rainforest walk when you arrive in Kuranda - starts near the Heritage Markets.
Reviewed by: Alexandra D, August 2014
This is the way to get the best of both worlds; the train and skyrail. Would highly recommend hotel pickup as allows you to get a train up to Kuranda and then the skyrail back. You have more than enough time in Kuranda with this option. The skyrail is a truly unforgettable experience.