Hit the rails, the rainforest, the sky and the reef in an action-packed day trip from Cairns! You'll take the Kuranda Scenic Railway from Cairns, go shopping in the Kuranda Markets, ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, soar over the Great Barrier Reef on a scenic helicopter tour, take a lunchtime cruise on the reef, then spend the afternoon swimming, snorkeling or diving before cruising back to Cairns. What a rewarding day out!
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Have your camera ready aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway to take photographs as the train winds its way around Horseshoe Bend and past Stoney Creek Falls and Barron Falls. At Kuranda Markets you'll have free time to shop for locally made arts and crafts before taking a ride on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Make sure to have your camera ready as you glide over the rainforest canopy and glimpse tantalizing views of Cairns' beautiful coastline.
From lush tropical rainforest it's on to the blue expanse of the Great Barrier Reef and your spectacular thirty-minute helicopter flight to the Outer Reef. From the heli pontoon at Hastings Reef, you will be transferred to a high-speed vessel to enjoy a delicious tropical lunch.
After lunch you will have more than two hours to snorkel and swim. If you prefer not to get wet, you can take an informative glass-bottom boat tour to see and learn about the delicate coral reef ecosystem. Divers are not forgotten either with scuba diving available for both beginners and experienced divers at an additional cost. Then it's time to relax and enjoy the live entertainment onboard this luxury vessel as you sail back to Cairns at the end of a packed, fulfilling day.
Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Tour and Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- 30-minute helicopter tour
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Semi-submersible and glass bottom boat
- Buffet lunch
- Optional Introductory or Certified Dives, payable direct on travel date
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat
- There is a maximum of 4 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Snorkeling equipment is provided
Please consider wind strength or the roughness of the sea before booking. Please be aware that snorkeling may be a strenuous activity. Your level of fitness and any existing medical conditions should be considered prior to snorkeling. Buoyancy vests are available onboard the vessel.
For both first time and certified divers - a history of asthma, ear and heart conditions and any other medical conditions may preclude a passenger from scuba diving unless a current Australian Diving Medical can be shown to the instructor. It is advisable to discuss any existing medical condition with the Down Under Helicopter staff before embarkation. All intending divers over the age of 65 years must provide a current Diving Medical certificate. All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration onboard the vessel prior to diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by the diving instructor. The minimum age for the Introductory Dive is 12 years. (Additional charge)
In the interest of safety, we recommend you do not fly on high altitude flights within 48 hours of your last dive. It must be noted that all helicopter flights are low altitude flights.
Introductory Dive (Optional Activity):
It's fun, it's easy, with professional dive instructors who can take you on your first dive. All equipment is included. Try a FREE Scuba Lesson which takes approximately 10 minutes. Please note that some medical conditions and medications may preclude you from diving. Minimum age for diving is 12 years and a parent or guardian must sign a release form if aged between 12 and 18 years.(Additional charge)
Certified Diving (Optional Activity):
All equipment is included. Age restrictions apply. Some medical conditions and medications may preclude passengers from scuba diving and divers MUST be certified. Certified divers must show a 'C' card. (Additional charge)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.