Vancouver to Whistler by Train Rail Tour
Ride the rails from Vancouver to Whistler on the spectacular Rocky Mountaineer train, passing through some of the world's most rugged fjords and mountains. This day trip to Whistler includes free time to explore Whistler Village, one of North America's most popular ski resorts and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Visit Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia, on your return drive to Vancouver.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Board the famous Rocky Mountaineer train in Vancouver for an epic ride through British Columbia's jaw-dropping mountain terrain. Aboard the train, enjoy interpretive commentary of features along the route, and make your way to the Heritage Observation Car for fresh air and unrestricted views of the spectacular scenery. The Coast Classic cabin offers a traditional rail experience with extended legroom and scenic views through large picture windows, with continental breakfast or light meal served at your seat and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
Arrive in Whistler Village, one of North America's most popular ski
resorts and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Here you'll disembark the Rocky Mountaineer train and enjoy free time to explore the city independently.
On your return drive to Vancouver by mini-coach, you'll stop at Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia. Take a guided walk through an old-growth rainforest to see 1,000-year-old cedar trees with trunks measuring 35 to 40 feet (9 to 12 meters) wide. Then hit the Sea-to-Sky Highway back to Vancouver.
Please note: This tour is seasonal, operating from May through September only. The rail portion of this tour is non-refundable.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from downtown Vancouver hotels
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Vancouver to Whistler
- One-way train trip on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Expert guide and narration
- Tour of Whistler Village
- 4 hours free time in Whistler Village
- Photo stops on the return journey by mini-coach
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You have the option to stay overnight in Whistler after the tour and return to Vancouver on a different date. Please advise at time of booking if you wish to do this
- This tour is seasonal, operating from May through September only
- The rail portion of this tour is non-refundable
Reviewed by: Cheryl F, December 2014
Amazing trip. Beautiful scenery and we'll looked after. Whistler was great. Was terrified of going on peak to peak gondola, but so glad I dad. It was stunning at the top. Highly recommend it.
Reviewed by: David W, October 2014
Great way to see the beautiful scenery. Options of things to do at Whistler but walking the town and enjoying the surrounds was enough! Catching the bus back gave a different look with stops at some waterfalls and views of some amazing rock faces. A must !